project: pissedoffsol

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i give up for the night. shower time, dinner time, await for Ji time.

before all this oil nonsense started, i took a couple more pics...

DSC00863.JPG

DSC00864.JPG

DSC00865.JPG

DSC00866.JPG

thats all till tomorrow.

fuck this car.

im buying a skyline

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@May 7 2004, 10:51 PM
i give up for the night. shower time, dininer time, awit for Ji time.

That's a late dinner B... well Ji should only be an hour away from your place. You've got pretty parts though...

b, at least for OEM pans, the P72 (gsr) will fit any b-series, but only the p72 will fit the GSR block. It has to do with the windage tray or something like that. Theres just not the right clearnce. If the moroso (sp?) just uses the p72 oil pan style for there honda pan, then that would work with all bseries. Maybe you just got a bad one. Whats it hitting? Just not lining up? Hitting the oil pickup? Windage tray?

You still dont have your axle bolts on? Those are so easy. Also, that ground looks tiny as hell, plus its probally 10 years old = corruded = poor conductor. Go to a welding store and pick up somethign like this....

s3fd3d32ccaa4b.jpg

(yes I know that is mounted in the wrong place. Has since been changed)

I also have that for my battery cables. For the longer ones, I used some speaker/subwoofer like 4 gauge or something like that. The one pictured is welding wire. It is compariable to like a -2 gauge. It is 2 units of what ever they measure welding wire in (bigger the number, the thicker the wire)

IIRC...

he cant get the pan onto the block due to the windage tray. he was able to get the pan on and off with the motor out. i dont understand why the pan wasnt on the car when the motor was dropped in... probably because he hadnt tapped the pan....

but who knows. :D

im just really hoping he gets it done and doesnt sell the car. its hondaswaps own little soap opera. :ph34r:

please dont give up hope brian...

If you lived anywhere near me, I'd refabricate that pan for you. Hell, buy a sheet and I could do it in stainless. East coast, West coast, it's all about the tools mang. :)

<<<<SS mig wire, lathe, metal cutting band saw, plasma cutter, press, drill press, we do all the fabricating for my whole city. Just need to get set up for Aluminum :(

i can't get the pan to clear the pickup.... i dunno... more fucking with it in the morning. Ji is here- bed time

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@May 8 2004, 01:07 AM
Ji is here- bed time

I'm sorry I don't want to whore the thread, but that just sounds... WRONG.

<_< <_< <_<

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@May 8 2004, 02:07 AM
i can't get the pan to clear the pickup.... i dunno... more fucking with it in the morning. Ji is here- bed time

Peanut butter time? ;)

Hey, this is Ji posting... we got all his shit hooked up, the oil pan took me about 30 seconds to get on there (dunno...), and it took me about five minutes to get the injectors on the rail. Go figure... Anyway, everything is done, hooked up, connected, and we even welded a new bung on the DP. So yeah, we go to start it and the effin' starter is bad. So, tomorrow we're going to get a reman starter and try it out. Like I said- this shit's gonna run this weekend.

Hey, Ji again here... holy crap, I just realized I have admin privvies now... muahahahahahhahahahhahahahaa...

:ban: EVERYONE!
muahahahahahahhahaa... *pinky to the corner of the mouth*

Back