project: pissedoffsol

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by asmallsol@May 10 2004, 09:35 PM
b, get a print out from Hondaautomotiveparts.org. The dealer by me always matches there prices. Always saves me 40% or so.

Drunk own!

ehh, too late now.

f'it. i don't even care about th emoney, i just want to finish the damn thing already

glad to see its FINALLY finished...well mostly. cant wait to see it tuned.

Holy monkey balls, dude! The beast lives... barely. It took the power of the Honkey to get B off his lazy ass, lol.

Fix yo shit... And I'll fix my shit... and we'll run our shits against each other, ho! :p

Originally posted by dohch22a4@May 10 2004, 11:04 PM
Holy monkey balls, dude! The beast lives... barely. It took the power of the Honkey to get B off his lazy ass, lol.

Behold, the power of Honkey. Yea, and all was good.

well B... If i can helicoil my turbo today, i SHOULD be back on the road tomorrow... :) With the shitty oil return setup though... :( I got a spare pan from a buddy last night, so i need to decide how i want to run my new setup... :)

Originally posted by ScrapinSi@May 11 2004, 07:28 AM
well B... If i can helicoil my turbo today, i SHOULD be back on the road tomorrow... :) With the shitty oil return setup though... :( I got a spare pan from a buddy last night, so i need to decide how i want to run my new setup... :)

in a week it will be down again, you wont be satisfied.. .have to fix something else noah... :lol:

eta- probably 2 more weeks.

i'm sending my manifold back to full race to get re-surafaced. ct to az even with express shipping is going to be a week.

Why not have 'em resurface it locally, if you're going that route and Geoff offered to pay for the work...? One day at the shop is faster than one week in the mail.

because
A) there's no good shops locally
B) the one that is costs $3432423423423 for shit like that
C) i want him to see the problem
D) if it can't be fixed, he will send me a new one.
E) its all on his fedex account, so why not.

its leaking... it isn't exactly flush with the head... so the are fixing it for me. since i got it last year, they have changed the method of cutting/welding or something, so the new ones won't have this problem, but, since mine was liek one of the first 10 ever made, it does- and will be fixed.

Well hey, that works.

Reasons #1452345 and #1452346 why VT is better than CT...

A ) There's a shitload of shops around here that are perfectionists.
B ) They all charge under $45/ hr.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@May 11 2004, 09:29 AM
its leaking... it isn't exactly flush with the head... so the are fixing it for me. since i got it last year, they have changed the method of cutting/welding or something, so the new ones won't have this problem, but, since mine was liek one of the first 10 ever made, it does- and will be fixed.

so what your saying is that they are gonna shave some off the flange in order to make it true? Thats only gonna make the flange thinner and be more likely to warp down the road...you spent enough with ful race just tell them you want a new one

Originally posted by driver1+May 11 2004, 12:15 PM-->
pissedoffsol
@May 11 2004, 09:29 AM

so what your saying is that they are gonna shave some off the flange in order to make it true? Thats only gonna make the flange thinner and be more likely to warp down the road...you spent enough with ful race just tell them you want a new one

Point is this: It got warped fro the heat of being welded on. That manifold will NEVER see that kind of heat again, and they aren't going to lathe but a few thousandths off it to make it true, so the flange will be fine, and true, after this is done.

And Loco, I was talkin to B... I know your shit runs... I was telling him to get his fixed... We've had an ongoing "mine'll be running first" battle going on for 3 years or so now.

Originally posted by SiR Kid@May 12 2004, 02:22 AM
they aren't going to lathe but a few thousandths off it to make it true, so the flange will be fine, and true, after this is done.

Mill, not lathe. I would love to see a turbo manifold flange turned on a lathe. :lol:

Back