project: pissedoffsol

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

nothing bad really... timing belt tensioner won't tension the T-belt.... so, gotta get a new tensioner, put her all back together...

pics postign now...

pulling her out of the garage for the first time since october :)

DSC00898.JPG

in the driveway...
DSC00899.JPG

ther first ride...

DSC00900.JPG

shes a smoker... lol

we dumped some oil down the spark plug tubes to lube up the rings a little, cuz its been sitting for months... thats what that smoke is. went away after a tripe around the block.

DSC00901.JPG

I'm pissedoffsol bitch!

DSC00902.JPG

Ji taking her for a cruise....

DSC00903.JPG

sprung a couple oil leaks around the head gasket area... but it was fresh- we weren't sure if it was maybe the oil we dumped in leaking out of the head just wasn't torqued right. cams off, re-torque speced the head studs- which were all perfect to 60 ft/lbs per the helms.

DSC00904.JPG

welp, head off...

DSC00906.JPG

my alcoholics mechanic Ji....

DSC00907.JPG

bling wheels...

DSC00908.JPG

my mecahnic again, passed out... lol

DSC00909.JPG

DSC00915.JPG

brembo blanks, ebc greens'

DSC00910.JPG

HS owns j000 (old school sticker :) )

DSC00911.JPG

random front shot, parked yet again... :(

DSC00913.JPG

cover off, after we decided its the tensioner....

done for the day

DSC00914.JPG

martine and Ji's car's

DSC00916.JPG

well, thats how she sits. cleaned up, got pizza, cleaned some more, ji and martine took off, e stuck around for a few more min.

got a CEL, and it ran kinda rough......... so we'll see.
but, she ran.

and will again.

Originally posted by SpodaB1@May 9 2004, 07:14 PM
Brandon not everyone knows Tyler man. Brian I want sound clips of the car running, the turbo spoolin and video of it all! That's be awesome.

B has talked to him and seen pics of his car, hell we posted pics of Tylers car on here before B)

DSC00898.JPG

I love that picture hahaha

glad to see it running I remember the feeling I had when I first drove my turbo civic =) good stuff =)

topped out at 3k, hit 1 psi.
its running like dog shit.

jumped a tooth or two on the timing at some point... i dont know. plenty mroe bugs to Raid out

Originally posted by TrailorParkPimp@May 9 2004, 11:37 PM
so hows it pull tho? even tho it runs like dog shit like you said

it doesn't. it felt like it had 6:1 compression, and sounded liek a wrx motor.

if i didn't have timing tensioner issues, i would have beat you :D but alas, its parked again. my buddy mike is coming over tonight- he's a wiring expert. he's gonna help me wire up all my gauges and vafc/avcr stuff nice and neat-like :)
if i have time, i might get to acura to get the new T-pulley, but i don't think that's going to happen today. maybe tuesday.

Back