Revhard Or Drag?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ALLMOTO

Which is a better turbo kit: Revhard or Drag? Both come with a front mount intercooler, T3/T4 turbo, and external wastegate. The only difference I see is chrome piping on the Drag kit. Just looking for opinions.

Personally I am going with an F-max kit. I like the higher horsepower at lower RPM's that the F-max produces. It's a little pricey but then again I got a good deal on mine. Should be here any day. :D

f-max's fuel mangemtn choice sucks ass though. extra injector before the TB is gay

The only reason the F-MAX makes more power earlier, is that their turbor have a lower a/r. And just so you know, F-MAX's dyno sheets show HP AT THE CRANK, not the wheels.

maxrev2.JPG

The Max Rev kit looks damn nice. Just the only problem brought to my mind would behood clearances, but I am probably wrong.

this is my buddy lucas' LS/maxrev setup. as you can see, its barely higher than the valve cover

carshow%20044.jpg

if i bouth the max rev kit for my 98 ex, what else would be a good idea to get to make it more reliable without goin too crazy? im talkin fuel management and shit. i have about 3500 to spend to buy and get it installed, possibly more.

hondata rocks.
check out their site for more info on it
http://www.hondata.com

all you need is injectors for your application (rceng.com) and if you boost more than 11 psi, you need a GM 3-bar map sensor

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jun 5 2003, 12:36 AM
all you need is injectors...

and an exhuast would be highly recomended. check out thermal r&d's 3" turbo cat back (you'll need a new cat too). or you could just a muffler and have a shop mandrel bend you some piping from your cat back or downpipe back.

def MAXREV.. I just spend 6700 bucks at KS, through kyle.. a big list of things

maxrev is hands down a great buy for the price, plus coming with hondata for a great price with boost option and 3stage rev limiter thrown in free.

the only down side for a lot was the DIY piping, though I got a email from Kyle today saying the piping was already made.. so im wondering if he just made it for me cuz he loves me so much for spending so much cash.. or if they changed the kit some.. who knows

will post all about my set up with pics and step by step when i get the parts

what do you mean by DIY piping? im guessin DIY is do it yourself, but do they expect me to mandrel bend pipe or do they give you prefabbed piping or what?

the piping is pre-bent.... but its not complete.

you will more than likely have to go to a muffler shop and get a couple extention peices, or have a piece bent a little more. its all generic. for example, a b16 vs a gsr intake manfold sit in a diferent place, and require a different bend

well i found out that the GSRs piping is pre fabbed and looks good.. I never knew this I thought maybe they just started it. I am guessing maxrev will prefab the other kits too

but if you have a gsr i am guessing you are good to go.. they give you pre bent piping and straight pipes
ive heard many saying they had to go out and buy other pieces to make it work. it all depends.

Thanks for all of the great feedback guys! Please check out our new updated website at www.MaxRev.com. If anyone has any questions, feel free to e-mail me at sales@MaxRev.com. We are running some specials on our products to celebrate the new site and also now have Financing available. Also, yes we are prefabbing some of our piping kits.
Thanks
Mike Tabor
Sales Manager
Max-Rev Motorsports

Back