Ricexxxboy

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

stud4u2c17

hey man I dont know you but I saw your lil pic of your CRX and i was wondering if you could post pics here cuz I want mine to be the same :) i got a white CRX with no body kit and im paintin the black on it white also... but i was wondering if i could get an idea of what it looked like... thanks man NICE REX!!
TJ

postpics.gif

Originally posted by stud4u2c17@Mar 23 2003, 10:07 PM
hey man I dont know you but I saw your lil pic of your CRX and i was wondering if you could post pics here cuz I want mine to be the same :) i got a white CRX with no body kit and im paintin the black on it white also... but i was wondering if i could get an idea of what it looked like... thanks man NICE REX!!
TJ

thanks man! :) here you go. (FYI: it no longer has the mugen sticker. eyelids, or the fake sparco logos on the seats) :p
s3e5ca8201cbe6.jpg

s3e5f4af532b74.jpg

s3e4771bc8d0c4.jpg

s3e4630d7638b5.jpg

s3e49b101e7623.jpg

s3e47729179844.jpg

s3e7d9e761cbe5.jpg

heres a before pic for comparison:
s3e35eb011089e.jpg

if you are gonna paint it yourself, i have a few tips:

1. sand with 400 or higher grit prior to painting. this will prevent "fisheye" from happeneing (spots where paint wont stick).

2. use an adhesion promoter. it makes paint stick to plastic. its a clear spray. (available at pep boys) it will prevent future flaking and peeling.

3. only use automotive touch-up paint. it is acrylic lacquer, which can be re-applied at any time, is very durable and very weather resistant. it wont crack under extreme temp changes.

you can find more info about auto spraypainting here at the duplicolor site. check out the "solutions & tips" section.
http://www.duplicolor.com/products/autospray.html

here is a great guide to the actual spray painting process:
http://www.duplicolor.com/solutions/tips.html

a couple other things:

i used a subaru color because the specified color did not match and was quite a bit off. has nothing to do with age. my paint gets polished at least once a year. find a few cans that look close, take them out to your car (with permission) and match the caps to your paint. its the best way.

it took about 1 full can of auto spray paint for each lower panel (4 cans total). those auto touch up cans are smaller than regular spray paint cans. i was very cautious so i put on about 3 or 4 light coats, then 3 or 4 medium coats. waited about 15-20 min.s between coats.

Back