S2000 oil change

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

GlassHeadlights

West West Yall
It's about that time for the first oil change on my dads S2K.

What oil and filter should he use?

I was thinking of a bottle of royal purple and the rest synthetic oil. But I don't know what filter I should use.

Regular full synthetic should be just fine. Isnt it no different than bardhal or slick 50 or lucas oil and such? Unless your burning oil, which you shouldnt be, you will be fine.

OEM or Fram... since honda filters are fram filters... atleast here in the US idk about elsewhere. I do personally like the blue honda ones.

I say oil is oil if your running stock. But i normally buy the good shit anyways.

I say oil is oil if your running stock. But i normally buy the good shit anyways.

we just covered oil in class last week.
its all the same unless its synthetic.
people just pay for the marketing.

we just covered oil in class last week.
its all the same unless its synthetic.
people just pay for the marketing.

Some instructors also say rotaries can rev forever, etc.

Oils are not all the same; they have different compositions. Hit up Bobistheoilguy.com. All you can say is they have the same purpose.

For oil filters; anything that doesn't fall apart will work fine. I prefer Wix and Wix-manufactured filters. I'm no longer using Mobil since the last few I've bought had metal shavings in them.

Honda in US use to use something else besides Fram. The switch could be just to save cost. But if you're looking for the "performance" filter, get the S2000 one. IIRC, it's manufactured by someone else and is smaller.

Last edited:
Heh, I didn't even read the OP.

As far as RP goes, I personally don't like it. RP is great for making power since it's actually lighter than oils of similar weight, but breaks down just as fast as conventional oil. If you're going synthetic, just stick with Mobil. As far as I know, they're pretty much the top readily available brand.

I myself use diesel oil(Rotella 5w-40 synthetic). :)

I've just never liked Fram due to their cost-cutting methods/construction and design. If you're going synthetic, might as well use the OE S2000 filter or a Mobil filter along with Mobil 1 synthetic oil.

Back