Si to HF swap?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

801CRX

Got Rice?
So my plan is to swap my D15B6 motor from my 1989 CRX HF into my 1990 Si hatch. But before you guys start asking me the typical why would you want to do that questions hear me out.

The story:
The motor(D15B6) in my 1989 CRX HF runs perfect no issues what so ever. But the body is f#$*%d up, some of the OG's on here might remeber when I had a thread about my CRX being hit by a lifted F-150(yeah still got it...a year later). And the motor(D16A6) in my 1990 Si hatch is toasted its got 289,XXX miles on it and decided to take a s#!t on me one day. But the body and interior on the hatch are clean as hell for a 19 year old car.

Now that you guys and gals have the rundown, the plan is to mate my perfect running D15B6 with my clean Si hatch shell. While im having my D16A6 rebuilt to handle boost :D.

I know when you swap in a D16A6 into your HF its all plug and play with an extra plug left.

But if you flip it and put a D15B6 into an Si is it still plug and play?

Or do I need to swap the engine harness over to?

Any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks!

even if you have to add the wires for the one plug, it's still plug and play. and because the engine is just there temporarily find the correct plug somewhere (junk yard, craigslist, ebay, etc. we got lucky that honda uses the same plugs for multiple things, so even if you cant find an HF harness, you can likely take that plug from many places,) and run the wires for it through an existing hole in your firewall. then when you get your A6 back in there, removing that plug will be a snap.

its ok to ask because my ideal of plug and play may differ from yours, but the was i see it there both obd0 d series, same mounts and linkage, and both are mpfi so i dont see why it wouldn't be plug and play.

you need to use the Si engine harness on the D15B6 in order for it to work and add wiring for the EGR valve that is on the B6 - HF and Si engine harnesses are not the same - the HF has the igniter wire in the driver's side connector where the Si has the igniter wire in the passenger side connector - all of the wires, except for one, at the HF driver's side harness connector are in different locations from where they are in the Si connector - here are the wire locations:

C313_C314B.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks jlicrx thats the info I was looking for. I can do all of the mechanical shit easy, but when it comes to wiring thats where my brain starts to fart and sputter on me...lol

Rep 4 U!

Thanks jlicrx thats the info I was looking for. I can do all of the mechanical shit easy, but when it comes to wiring thats where my brain starts to fart and sputter on me...lol

Rep 4 U!

so this is your brain on electrical shit? lol
xrayhomer-783741.jpg

Back