spider bite

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I got that email too my sister sent me it lol kinda freaked me out....moral of the story...KILL SPIDERS NOW!

If left untreated, which it looks like he did for a few days, the secondary infections could indeed make the wound look like that. Once gangrene sets in (the black) say bye bye. Looks like he left it untreated, then tried to sew it up and then went to the hospital for treatment when he realized he was teh sucking.

Originally posted by EGProject@Jun 23 2005, 07:46 PM
Note for people who shop at Shaw's Supermarkets - we found a DEAD black widow in a pallet of green grapes today. When picking through the bags while shopping - BE AWARE. We got a memo the other day advising us to wear latex gloves while handling grapes. Fuck that shit. I bought a pair of heavy-weave Kevlar cutting gloves from a online kitchen supply store. I'm not usually a safety-concious person, but venomous spiders are not to be messed with.

The only plus we have in our cooler is the fact that it's kept that a steady 35-38 deg F. Spiders are cold blooded. Spider = t3h dead, or slow as hell. Just don't piss them off.
[post=515826]Quoted post[/post]​

Meh black widows are over rated by people who don't know enough about them. as with most spiders...

If you're bittin by a black widow and are 12-60 years old all you need to do is watch over yourself for any signs of flu feelings or any type of sickness. it's rare a person dies from a black widow bite unless they are young or old and with another health issues.

For the normal guy who is heathy a BW bite shouldnt do jack shit.

IMO The worst spider to be bit by is the brown recluse, not everyone will have a reaction like this guy even if left untreated however when it happens you always hear about it.

i dunno man.... a kid i was in basic training with got bit by a black widow and he got all kindsa fucked up.... didnt die or anything but ended up in the hospital for a few days

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Jun 26 2005, 03:11 PM
i dunno man.... a kid i was in basic training with got bit by a black widow and he got all kindsa fucked up.... didnt die or anything but ended up in the hospital for a few days
[post=516655]Quoted post[/post]​

People handle things in different ways. just look at bee stings a lot of people are fine but theres a good bit of people that have reactions to them.

But as I stated if you get bite it says to watch over yourself for any signs of flu or sickness of some sort and in his case something showed up.

for most people studies have shown that it's not life threating, unless you have some health issues to start with or are an old fart/baby

yeah good point some people are more sensitive to different things....
i guess the poison in black widows makes all your muscles contract or something to that effect....
he ended up all clentched up in a ball on the ground...
when he got to the hospital they pumped him full of muscle relaxors (and a bunch of other shit im sure)
all i know is it was pretty damn scarry to see, and id rather not get bit by one

I think I saw this program on TLC or the Discovery channel about spider bites, and apparently in some cases of brown recluse bites they have to amputate above the infected parts. One guy on the show got bit on his torso and got a hole in his chest. Really gross, very scary.

Back