Super Charger?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

IceBolt

Hey guys, i'm thinking of getting a supercharger for a civic sir.

I have a noob question. Some guy told me i need an equalizer with it? Aren't superchargers just bolt on and around 4500??

if you are gonna go forced induction get a turbo y0!!!!

superschargers are never gonna make more than 80 more whp

EDIT: also post in corret forum next time. (boost Q's go in forced induction)

Originally posted by Smonkeyboy@Dec 10 2003, 12:03 AM
if you are gonna go forced induction get a turbo y0!!!!

EDIT: also post in corret forum next time. (boost Q's go in forced induction)

This is the wrong place to ask if you should get a supercharger! EVERYONE says turbo... I think the Vortec kit is bad ass! Other than that I wouldnt get one

i call bullshit! you can get a jackson and up the boost by goin with a smaller pulley. i hav a friend who tried to buy a pulley from jackson that would give him 16psi, but they didnt make one and told him not to buy one. so he decided to get a custom pulley made for his application. shit was sick...took a lot of tuning tho on his engine. he was mildly high compression for 16psi. 10:1 with 16psi...that car rolled on anything.

:bs:

the internals on the JRSC are only cabable of pushing 700cfm at 15psi

so it doesnt matter what pulley he used he isnt getting 16psi

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Dec 10 2003, 01:29 AM
wtf is an equilzer? isn't that for a stereo?

haha thats what I was thinking.

I toyed with this idea myself...get a turbo. an SC would take lots of power to make it back up. so really you're only making minimal gains.

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Dec 10 2003, 12:07 PM
:bs:

the internals on the JRSC are only cabable of pushing 700cfm at 15psi

so it doesnt matter what pulley he used he isnt getting 16psi

In stock form... Send the blower out to Magnuson, modify the nose gears, do some other work to it, and you can get 17+Psi out of it... Don't believe me? I can prove it... And some of the CT people can vouch for it as well, on a certain black ITR... ;)

And the JRSC is a great bolt on setup if you want a usable power band... If you just want RAW POWER, then go turbo... I have gone turbo, and am actually debating selling and going JRSC for the USABLE band...

I have to agree with you on that one... I've seen some pretty wicked JRSC setups. You DO have to modify to get there though... it's not going to do it stock. I saw a B16 in the shop running 22psi on an Endyn massaged JRSC. Pretty sweet stuff.

yes im aware that you can modify them to produce higher output

but the stock internals on the JRSC wont do it

he is claiming his friend did this by changing a pulley

thats :bs:

Originally posted by Smonkeyboy@Dec 10 2003, 01:03 AM

speculation!
if you want to see the biggest hp gain superchargers make, look at top fuel and funny cars. they are churning out in excess of 6000hp and have so much torque they dont even use a transmission. your hp gain/tq gain will depend on how much you are boostin. for superchargers simply using a smaller pulley wheel will increase power, but efficiency will still suck compared to a turbo.

yea but they are talking about a supercharger on a B16. 80hp tops. it actually says in jackson racing's ads: "add up to 50% hp".

thats a "oem" supercharger. thing is he said never. JR may be only able to add 80hp but out there there is a sc b16 with more than 80hp gained.

Originally posted by K2e2vin@Dec 10 2003, 10:05 PM
thats a "oem" supercharger. thing is he said never. JR may be only able to add 80hp but out there there is a sc b16 with more than 80hp gained.

an OEM supercharger on a b16?

:wtf:

k so this guy at work who's trying to impress my gf at work is just fucking pulling shit out of his ass right, there's no such thing as an equalizer?

sounds like hes just talking out of his ass and trying to stick your girl in the p00per

Originally posted by IceBolt@Dec 11 2003, 02:14 AM
k so this guy at work who's trying to impress my gf at work is just fucking pulling shit out of his ass right, there's no such thing as an equalizer?

equalizer = stereos, please kick him in the scrodum next time you see him.
like this: :nutkick:

or if you want next time he starts talking that nonsense infront of your girlfriend just make up a bunch of crap and prove to your gf how gh3y he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back