TESTING: whats a K24 head worth?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

stmotorsports

so a friend of mine got a K24 complete cause he wanted the bottom end and he has no use for the head. As far as I know, its basically an A3 head only with bigger ports & valves to accomodate the additional displacement.
If it were to be sold, it would be completely gone over by a machine shop to verify its condition just to be sure. Also, the guys at the machine shop are friends of mine & they'll do porting work for me pretty cheap so I could have that done also.

Anyone?

Are you trying to sell it? Or asking what it's worth?

I think if the shortblock is worth 3500 then the head is worth like 1500 complete.

just kinda trying to see if its worth anything i guess... it came off a motor that kept blowing thru head gaskets so the shop thought it might be warped, but the head was replaced and the motor was still going thru head gaskets so it was apparently the block that was the problem all along. BUT I don't know if the head was warped also or just the block only so like I said I would want to have it completely gone over by a machine shop just to clear my own conscience if anything but I don't wanna invest any $$ into it if I won't be able to get rid of it anyways

I still have this head laying around....

I'm gonna have to start doing some spring cleaning soon- gonna have to get rid of this head one way or another

comon yall- opportunity to get a fully ported and milled K24 head for CHEEEP!!
otherwise it's getting tossed in the dumpster out back

make offers

I think if the shortblock is worth 3500 then the head is worth like 1500 complete.
[post=439467]Quoted post[/post]​
[/quote]

a k24 is not worth no where near 3500. maybe a k20a2. the head is pretty much worthless because like your friend people only want the block. id say around 5-600. you can pick up k20a2 heads for 1000. try selling it on k20a.org :D

yeah complete element/crv k24s are not worth anywhere near $3500...

although if I could get around $400-500 for the head when it was done I'd be happy

Well shit, if your just gunna toss it in the dumpster I'll take it for cost of shipping, lol

Originally posted by wanderinman@Mar 30 2005, 08:28 PM
Well shit, if your just gunna toss it in the dumpster I'll take it for cost of shipping, lol
[post=480916]Quoted post[/post]​

yeah but then i don't get the satisfaction of smashing it up into little tiny pieces :clown2:
plus then I gotta build a crate for it and all that

thats why i figured if I was gonna have to ship it and all that I'd at least have to make it worth my while

Back