the mayan's were right? 2012=end

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I'm still not sold on this based on the obvious

Since they don't know what happened or how it happened (hence the experiment)

They can't begin to say they know what will happen, which can be a bad thing.

Amen! They obviously don't know exactly what happened or how it worked. So assuming this LHC works, I can understand years and years of research to investigate it's safety, but how can you really be sure if you're dealing with something that you don't know for sure even happened in the history of this universe. gets you thinking...

...man, now my life feels so meaningless.....

.....I guess I'll just go drive around a while, then I'll forget all about this silly LHC. nothing a quarter pounder with cheese can't cure! lol

The Large Hadron Collider, or LHC, is the largest and most complex machine ever made and is expected to revamp modern physics by smashing together particles in a bid to recreate the conditions of the Big Bang.

umm... im not a scientist, and i didnt really pay attention in science. but if i remember correctly.. um... wasnt the "big bang" a large explosion that created everything like.... millions and millions of years ago? .... so why do these moron wants to create it... again. IF it even happened.....

Incorrect. The "Big Bang" was a near instant phase transition which caused the rapid expansion of the universe. The notion that it was an "explosion" is in itself false.

That's whatcha get for not paying attention in science class ;)

how can you really be sure if you're dealing with something that you don't know for sure even happened in the history of this universe. gets you thinking...

i can tell you what happened. some retards decided to put together a particle smasher and instead. blew them to little pieces.

The experiment is being conducted to verify the mathematics and physics that tells us what happened.

There's a big difference between not knowing what happened and having miles of evidence saying what happened and then conducting an experiment to verify or falsify the results.

When a person is in court for murder, the prosecutors and jury did not see the murder, they have no idea what happened or how it happened. It's the evidence that tells them. Basically what you are suggesting is that we shouldn't have jury trials and investigations simply because nobody knows exactly what happened to render the victim deceased.

if a tree falls in the woods, but no one saw it or heard it, did it really fall at all?

if a tree falls in the woods, but no one saw it or heard it, did it really fall at all?

Absolutely. You just stated that a tree fell in the woods. Regardless if anyone saw or heard it, it happened simply by your statement. The question itself requires the tree to fall in the first place to even bring forth the conditions that nobody saw or heard it. If the tree did not fall, what is there for anyone to see or hear?

Absolutely. You just stated that a tree fell in the woods. Regardless if anyone saw or heard it, it happened simply by your statement. The question itself requires the tree to fall in the first place to even bring forth the conditions that nobody saw or heard it. If the tree did not fall, what is there for anyone to see or hear?

Sabz wins.

ok, kidding. geesh. Don't even remember where I heard the joke, just thought SOMEONE might think it was funny. I'll refrain from humorous content

ok, kidding. geesh. Don't even remember where I heard the joke, just thought SOMEONE might think it was funny. I'll refrain from humorous content

There is no room in this forum for humor or good news of any kind. It will not be tollerated.

:)

BigBangTheory-1.jpg

I am not saying that they have no idea what is going to happen at all, they have some ideas as to what could happen. I am talking about gleaning information that was not the primary focus.

So are there cameras of some sort of data recording devices inside this bad mama jama so they can tell what happend or is it just pull the lever and say well that was fun.

Back