Thinking about ditching the genesis...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

If you wanna be a rich guy, you gotta start thinking like one.

They're trained to control the situation fully - and take the rich guy mentalities and toss them out the window. They appeal to the inner pro basketball player. Not the inner business man.

There's 2 sides to that coin Cel. I don't disagree with you that in the end the dealer is making money. They're making money on the lease, they're making more money on a slightly used well taken care of 3 year old car at the end of the lease.

But to say there's no benefit isn't accurate. Just using my recent lease as an example, if I would have bought the car even at 0% for 5 years my payment would have been about 265/mo higher. Granted after 5 years and 33 grand I would own the car, but I'd have to drive it another 2 or 3 years, fix it, put tires on it, etc to really see any type of savings from the payments I wouldn't be making. Just over the term of the lease I'm saving myself about 10 grand, the mileage is not an issue, and maintenance will consist of oil changes.

I could repeat the same lease 3 times (9 years) and still not spend 33 grand, never have to do maintenance, and always be driving a newish car. Most people aren't gonna drive that purchased car for 9 years before they start the cycle over again.

Problem with this forum and the lease idea is most people on this forum don't deal with newer cars, let alone new high end cars.

Leasing a fit, civic or accord is kind of odd. Leasing a 2013 Audi a4 isn't so odd.

Spending $48k on a car and selling it 2 years later for $28k isn't a smart move. That's where leasing makes a lot more sense.

The upfront costs of a lease are crazy.

new Altima! $199 a month!
sounds great!
but there's like $5600 due at signing. lol

I think it depends on brand/dealer. I didn't pay a penny until my first payment. You do have to be careful with the leasing companies. Some have a lease term fee when you turn the car in.

Problem with this forum and the lease idea is most people on this forum don't deal with newer cars, let alone new high end cars.

Leasing a fit, civic or accord is kind of odd. Leasing a 2013 Audi a4 isn't so odd.

Spending $48k on a car and selling it 2 years later for $28k isn't a smart move. That's where leasing makes a lot more sense.

Exactly. Also if you use a car for work, a lease makes a lot of sense.

sounds great!

Guess it depends on the persons credit and the dealership. I can lease a new 3 series for zero down and x much a month.

and if we all had x's to give, we could get a 3 series too :)

but i've only got this folder full of k's and z's .

and if we all had x's to give, we could get a 3 series too :)

but i've only got this folder full of k's and z's .

Then you shouldn't be looking at any new cars, buying or leasing.

2-3 year old used car that lost 30% of its value ftmfw. Or even better a 7-8 year old lower mileage car that is a cash and drive buy with zero payments > all.

My go to car is my 2003 Chevy. It just turned 60k miles and has been a great buy.

sounds great!

you need to watch for the good lease deals...you've seem them. When i got my Infiniti it was sign and drive...$299/M $0 DOWN...right now i think you can get a G37X for $349 $0 down

Insert quote from "this is 40" about infinity owners...

Point is there's deals to be had. You just pulled a B earlier by using the most extreme example you could think of.

Not sure if I'd call the G37 coupe a 40s car.

naw, you missed the joke. watch the movie.

I'm thinking I might want an audi all road.

I know. probably problematic with the 2.7tt in there.

im trying to move north in the next few years (2015?) and that would be a good car to have that's fun to drive and has some good dirt road and winter capabilities for the back country I plan to relocate to.

It's back again after a few year hiatus with the 2.0T instead. but it doesn't look like it comes in man-pedal format, just 8 spd flappy half manumatic

I've never driven one or even sat in one of any gen, so I have 0 experience with them. I just think they are neat and some of the YT vids of them going up dirt cliffs is pretty cool. lol

I don't want a raliart. it's the same thing I have now. same engine.

meh...

they why mitsu went with their car lineup, they probably won't even be around in a few years. not really looking to get into that.

it's like buying a Daewoo. lol

Allroads are neat but are PLAGUED with problems. Like take normal Audi reliability works 4/7 the Allroad is more like 2/7.

Back