thread of the day

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Anyone catch the sweet Youtube video of that monster ride? At first I thought it was a joke, when it was just pictures of the head and such but there is no way someone is going to put that much work into a joke. That thing is scary.....

I think that uber combustion chamber filing would just cause hot spots and detonation.

After first start issues:

3 starter motors
Toothless flywheel

YouTube - primer arranque del Mitsubishi eclipse GSX

YouTube - Mitsubishi eclipse GSX

Dyno pull! only a few hp short of his 900hp goal. Frankly, I'm surprised it made a run without exploding.
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=kWdmOmzmZHI

CLUTCH!! LOL!

p1020795copiaoc9.jpg

p1020798copiayd1.jpg

p1020810copiatq2.jpg

p1020804copiarr5.jpg

p1020816copiavk1.jpg

Last edited:
The "machining" concepts are pretty firm , but applied TOTALLY wrong. You don't dimple the FUCKING HEAD moron.

This is another case of a machinist knowing enough to get himself in trouble. The dimpling of combustion surfaces DOES work, it's been in play since early european competition engines,and even in the bonneville competing flathead fords (Flatheads are farther from piston principles than rotaries)

What you're looking at and feeling is the same that I feel when I see anyone of you people polishing intake ports. It's retarded.

i dont get it. he does hack job but the car looks and sounds great. And it make a power.

granted i dont think he had to ALL that bull crap to get it but............is this serious? Where is the dyno pull that shows him hitting close to his 900 mark? I only say 3xx.

got to be joke.

Yeah, I was saying that he was a "few" hp short of his 900hp goal. As in 520hp short.

The "machining" concepts are pretty firm , but applied TOTALLY wrong. You don't dimple the FUCKING HEAD moron.

This is another case of a machinist knowing enough to get himself in trouble. The dimpling of combustion surfaces DOES work, it's been in play since early european competition engines,and even in the bonneville competing flathead fords (Flatheads are farther from piston principles than rotaries)

Actually, Thats just massive damage/pitting from running with a detonating motor for a very long time.

I feel so much better about myself after that. I'm dicking around with my carburetor on RPR and probably causing similar reactions to real carb guys as with this, but at least it's not nearly this extreme. :)

What the...? The whole clutch thing has me quite perplexed. Thank God I'm a beaner and can understand this. haha I swear, as soon as I have more time I'm going to finish reading that damn thread.

amazing... simply... amazing..

Update: I just noticed the thread has people tuned in from all over the world with over 1,700,000 hits.

So once again i say.

amazing... simply... amazing..

Last edited:
wtf with the clutch? if 91accordwithwork could lift a grinder he'd probably do that, but what the hell!

Back