Turbo build b20vtec

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

can i just say....

HOLY SHIT this thing hauls ASS! i gotta get my new wheels powdercoated and my drag radials mounted. i need traction! :D

Very nice! You are well on your way to some big numbers if you start running E85.

thanks!

not going to mess with e85, but.... we still have to set up boost by gear, increase boost in 3rd and 4th to about 15lbs or so, and eventually do a 110 octane race gas tune. but for right now, im kinda broke lol.

well my tuner played around with the launch control and boost by gear, and it feels better than ever. also finally got around to installing a catch can setup. its a cheapish setup, but its better than nothing... im using the stock valve cover fitting and the fittings on the back of the block. i snapped a few new engine bay shots today....

tegcatchcan004.jpg

tegcatchcan002.jpg

tegcatchcan007.jpg

Notice whats missing from the engine bay?...... no ABS :)

tegcatchcan001.jpg

I noticed your tapping at 8400/8500 rpm, the victor x manifold will definetelly help once you up her up. They are designed for higher rpm, I wish you could run at the same psi and redline at 9500 and see how much power she makes.

Overall, great build!

I noticed your tapping at 8400/8500 rpm, the victor x manifold will definetelly help once you up her up. They are designed for higher rpm, I wish you could run at the same psi and redline at 9500 and see how much power she makes.

Overall, great build!

thanks! and I agree that it could make more power at higher rpms, this was just the first dyno session after rebuilding and i was nervous. conditions were bad, it was over 100 degrees in the shop and the motor was really heatsoaked. i have a feeling that next time on the dyno it will make a lot more power.

met with a couple friends today for lunch and some pictures.

3tegs004.jpg

and heres a random video i took of my 2 step, sound sucks on my camera...

Why no E85? Availability a problem in your area?

yes, exactly. it is available in dade and broward counties to the south of me, but its too far to be feasible. my tuner loves e85, hes always talking about it, but he lives 45 mins south of me. i think we should be able to see 400whp pretty easily on 93 pump gas, and i dont know if i need more than that :)

New wheels! Had these Kosei K1s sitting around for a while, finally got them powdercoated. Decided to do a weird color... its metallic copper, or orange, depending on the light. Ill try to get some more pics in different light conditions.

Im running drag radials on these all the time, since i dont put many miles on it.

copperk1s013.jpg

copperk1s001.jpg

they do look kinda red in these pics... in person they are much more orange. ill try to take some more pics later in different lighting.

heres one more from earlier....

copperk1s007.jpg

Those look great! Hot looking car!

some more pics in different lighting... i think its really one of those things you have to see in person. these pictures are not edited at all. i have a new set of the OG decals for the wheels coming in the mail any day now too!

k1s2006.jpg

k1s2004.jpg

k1s2003.jpg

k1s2007.jpg

Ive been lazy... the car is running really well, and I have mostly just been enjoying driving it. Ive replaced some bushings in the front end in my quest to tighten it up, but it needs more. I have some hardrace front lcas and a traction bar setup that needs to go on, I just havent got around to doing it. I was cleaning out my garage today, and since the car was sitting in the front yard i snapped a few pics...

as you can see i got the OG decals for the wheels :)

tegstuff3-6-12027.jpg

tegstuff3-6-12023.jpg

tegstuff3-6-12022.jpg

tegstuff3-6-12030.jpg

Car has been out of commission for a couple weeks, the turbo manifold cracked...

2012-04-22084034.jpg

I decided to just get it fixed by a local welder that i know... it was cheap and took lot less time than trying to deal with Fabworx. Got a couple welds fixed up on it, and while it was off, i put a heli-coil in the head to fix a stripped out stud. I still have to get the front end sorted out and get this thing back to the drag strip!

Back