Turbo D16Y8

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Xaero3953

Rest In Peace
So, I've made a decision that many on this site would not agree with. I've decided to forgo the h22 swap, and just stick with turbo-ing the d16y8.

That's right, I know have an h22a4 sitting on a motor stand, and hasport ekh1 mounts that are useless.

However, this is the ECU section, so my question is this. is the OBD1 p28 the best ECU to go with? on D-series.org, they say that it doesn't have/support the knock sensor or the crank positioning senser. One guy recommended the p30 that would support the knock sensor, but not the cps.

If not, what's teh best to use?

p28 f0 sh0. as long as you've got a solid tune, there;s no need for a knock sensor.

sell the h22, have money left over after your turbo setup.

Quoted post[/post]]
p28 f0 sh0. as long as you've got a solid tune, there;s no need for a knock sensor.

sell the h22, have money left over after your turbo setup.
Yeah, that's what i've been thinking. There's still a little bit of work to do before i can sell the h22, a couple of bolts are MIA. They seem to agree on d-series that the p28 is best. Now i have a hella lot of research before I can start buying up parts...fun. How safe is it to boost on stock internals? The pistons, rods, and pretty much all internals are brand new. I have two heads, one is on the motor right now, the other is awaiting the fateful day it sees portflow.

you can safely and reliably get 200-225 out of a stock-block d with crome/comparable tuning solution

Back