UPDATE!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

evo8

just odered it!!! took a while but finally ordered it!!

94'
JDM B18C
39,xxx Miles
LSD

ill get pics when the engine come!! should take 8-9 days for it to come!!

-Mike

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
hello everyone,

i am finally going to order my swap from HMO tommorrow!!!! B18C1 into a EG coupe(EJ1)

there complete swap comes with this...
- Motor
- Hydraulic Tranny (S80, Y80)
- ECU (P72)
- Axles with Half Shaft
- Shift Linkage
- Stock Motor Mounts *
- Alternator
- Starter
- Clutch
- Flywheel
- Intake Manifold
- Exhaust Manifold
- Fuel Rail
- Injectors
- Distributor
- Engine Harness
- Comes With All Sensors Needed
- LSD Tranny (Optional +$300) im getting this.

im going to check what condition the timing belt is in. hopefully the clutch will be in good condition averaging about 35,000 miles on there motors.

THIS IS GOING TO BE MY FIRST TIME SWAPING AN ENGINE!!! and i want to make sure i am prepared...and i know things wont go perfect, but im hoping for the best.

now when swaping the motor, this is what i have come up with to get the SOHC out. drain the oil, coolant, tanny fluid, etc. then unhook and take out the wireing harness(maybe even lable the wires). unhook the axles, shift linkage, and clutch.
there will probobly be little things that i will find in order to take it out, but for the most part am i on the right track?? and what other infomation can you guys give me??

also, im giong to pull the motor out from the bottom, and put the new one in from the bottom. and i will have 2-3 friends helping me also, 1-2 which have done the swap.

any other information will be GREAT!!! thanks for reading all of this, im really excited about this project and right now i think im just going to ramble on....so im going to stop typeing.

thanks again,
-Mike

it seems like you have everything, It isn't really nescessary to drain you old engine but i don't think it will hurt, depends what you plan on doing with it.

how much is the swap going to cost you? 3800 or so after shipping and an lsd?
by the way the whole jdm motors being pulled at 35k is a myth, try twice that. i think you should deff. label hoses and such it will make things easier on you no matter how expierienced you are.

im excited for your swap so good luck and show us pics when done.

WHY SKIMP ON A NEW TIMING BELT AND WATER PUMP!

the single cam has 182,XXX miles on it right now :eek: but still runs hard, seriously, on a stock motor, with a slipping clutch, i ran a 16.3.

yeah, im going to lable the hoses and the wires. and idk what im going to do with the old motor, hopefully i can sell it. it may be high milaged, but it runs likes its brand new.
and the oil would have to be changed in the single cam anyway, so i might as well just drain it if im giong to sell it.

i will definatly be taking pictures and notes on this swap!!!

anyone here want a motor??? B)

-Mike

last question. the b18c1 mounts will line up in my engine bay right?? because a firend of mine thinks they wont, but ive heard they they will. stock mounts, will they line up and fit in there without any fabrication?????

thanks,
-Mike

Tell "your friend" John said he is an idiot and to punch himself repeatedly in the throat, or until he knows what he is talking about or dies, whichever comes first.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Jul 11 2005, 02:59 PM
Tell "your friend" John said he is an idiot and to punch himself repeatedly in the throat, or until he knows what he is talking about or dies, whichever comes first.
[post=524211]Quoted post[/post]​

:bo:

I would change the t-belt, water pump, tensioner(sp?), and maybe the clutch when the engine is out.

Originally posted by starboy869@Jul 11 2005, 03:41 PM
I would change the t-belt, water pump, tensioner(sp?), and maybe the clutch when the engine is out.
[post=524255]Quoted post[/post]​

i am new to the swap world and about to do my own so fell free to hauk a lung up. :lol: what is the (sp?) after the tensioner for..?

spelling.......

back to the post.....change everything now....clutch, timing belt water/oil pump....trust me dude you never know....and its harder to change with the engine in the car.....good luck

just odered it!!! took a while but finally ordered it!!

94'
JDM B18C
39,xxx Miles
LSD

ill get pics when the engine come!! should take 8-9 days for it to come!!

-Mike

Originally posted by 94CivicSlow@Jul 24 2005, 08:32 AM
Dont be a bitch, get an oem timing belt and waterpump and an act clutch.
[post=530361]Quoted post[/post]​

ACT clutches kick ass!! And yes, do go ahead and change timing belt, water pump, and your tensioner spring BEFORE you put it in the car! You will pat yourslf on the back later on for doing it now. Good luck, and FAST times to ya :D

Up to you but I would also recomend a lighten flywheel also since you will be working on the clutch and all.

HMS is a good choice, always... regardless of thier exact claimed milage, those engines get shipped clean, real clean, good luck, take pics throughout! :worthy:

Back