Vafc "hack"

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

zexyEK

ok i understand how it works and everything i need to get for it to work, i want to know if anybody has done this or knows somebody who has done it if they hae had any problems with it and if u would recommend doin this "HACk"

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Feb 20 2003, 08:03 PM
I'm dumb,what is a "vafc hack"?

Its where you use the vfac to adjust your a/f while using a turbo. I THINK the order of shit goes

vfac - not the grandest
FMU - just a step up
Hondata - fully controlable but is NOT a stand alone
AEM EMS - full controllable stand alone

i am sure there are more.. that is just the ones i know.

That's it?It thought there was more to it than that,like I don't know,reprograming or something.Thanks.

hondata and dsm injectors dont' work well together... i would assume that dsm 450's and a vafc would be even harder to tune and keep stable.

Originally posted by Domeskilla+Feb 20 2003, 08:06 PM-->
@Feb 20 2003, 08:03 PM
I'm dumb,what is a "vafc hack"?

Its where you use the vfac to adjust your a/f while using a turbo. I THINK the order of shit goes

vfac - not the grandest
FMU - just a step up
i am sure there are more.. that is just the ones i know.

The vafc "hack" is not a hack at all. It is just cutting the fuel to ~40%, then using large injectors. The fuel trimming done by the afc allows you to idle large (450-550 cc) injectors on a stock ecu, with NO missing link or inline fuel pump.

Basically, it cuts the stock fuel map back pretty far, then when you reach boost, the fuel map is extended and the proper air fuel ratio is achieved.

The only downfall i have heard of regarding this set up is a minor jerking when you let off the throttle.

FMU's get the job done, does not allow for any tuning, and are basically obsolete nowadays. Simple to install though :)

Many guys from honda tech are making mad power on the afc hack. Cheap way out? Maybe :) But saying it doesnt work well is not true,

Go here for more info regarding the hack

And here to see a gsr on a drag 3 kit put down 268 whp

In this thread a guy put down 280 whp, on this setup

drag 3 mani
turbonetics t3/t4 turbo 50 trim
drag 3 dp 2.5"
pwr intercooler
.45 bar tial wg
greddy type s bov
dsm 450s + afc
full 3" exhaust, no cat

i wouldnt say the afc hack is junk just because there are better things out there, not everyone can afford 1000+ stand alone systems.

Back