Valve springs and Retainers

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

delslow

Hey I was wondering if anyone can tell me the difference between the GSR valve springs and retainer and the Type R ones. I am looking at them and alot of people say they Type R valve springs and retainers are better than the GSR ones, the reason I'm asking this is I want to do and all motor setup some time soon but using a GSR head and I want to have all my information in order before I decide to build a LS/VTEC or even a CR/VTEC.

If you are going to build an all motor I would go with some aftermarket
dual valve springs and titanium retainers.

Originally posted by integraslut78@Feb 18 2005, 10:51 AM
If you are going to build an all motor I would go with some aftermarket
dual valve springs and titanium retainers.
[post=462640]Quoted post[/post]​

I assumed they were the same, except the gsr only had single springs for the exhaust side, while the ITR had dual springs for both intake and exhaust. And yeah, if you are upgrading, I'd recommend new aftermarket valvesprings and retainers. You don't, however need to resort to using Ti if you don't want to.

Why go aftermarket when you can trust the OEM quality of the ITR units. And also Titanium Retainers will start to wear around hte edges... thats bad. Unless you get em treated not to do so. I suggest going with the OEM ITR's on both the Intake and Exhuast sides.

Brian

Back