What Turbo and Boost Controller?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Turbocivicracerx

I have a good idea how the whole turbo works but the only part I dont understand is the wastegate and boost controler. Some ppl say you get a spring to regulate your boost and then you turn a nut and others say you use a boost controller. If u get a upgraded spring will that be the maximum boost or what you can boost from? Thank you for clearing this issue up for me.
Also I am going to be running 20-25 psi on a b20 no vtec turbo engine. What would be a good turbo for this application. Thank you.

waste gate spring is the LOWEST possible boost setting you can run. a bosot controller can only RAISE the boost from there, and generally, only about twice the spring's size. so if you get a 7 psi spring, you are good for about 14 psi with a boost controller.

Having a psi goal for a motor is the wrong way to build. psi means jack shit.... and jack left town.

build for a power level.... and then use the amount of boost that will be needed to get there.

i think that you should go to the import builder site and read jeffs write up on turo setups....i found it to be very informative...good luck with the build

Back