What Wheels To Get?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

B16

Super Moderator
VIP
ok, so i need new wheels, i want something lightweight, and something that can fit with these brakes:
(lsvtec, apparently you can't fit 15's on, at least mine wouldn't)
wheelClearance.jpg

so, i'm hoping 16's can fit on there, if so, what should i get?
or in a 17?
i found some racing hart cp-035 17x7's with tires for $1K shipped, thinking on those
the most i think i would spend is $1500
and if you know of where to get a certain wheel for a good price, post it up :)
thanks

meg flaked like all the rest.... probably close to 30 serious offers who have backed down.

b16-check pm's

more flakes than Rasin Bran

thinking on the volks, but to the other extreme, i'm interested in rota slipstreams 16x7. what color would you guys pick for my black EK coupe? i was thinking gunmetal
big_slipstream.jpg

also, for those of you who run 16x7's for autocross or road racing, what size tire do you use? i was thinking 215/45/16 but is the 215 too wide? has anyone ran with this size?

I like the bronze more than gunmetal, since your car is already dark.

But I like the polished lip steel gray's more than anything.

get the Volks.... theyre lighter... they are forged (stronger)... they will almost 100% surely fit over your brakes... and then we can all stop listening to B whine about needing to sell his rims ;)

ive seen the rims they are in great condition

yes, they look beautiful, i dont know about them being white tho... on a black car... can't seem to find a pic of a black EK with white ones on..

Originally posted by B16@Jan 23 2003, 12:30 PM
yes, they look beautiful, i dont know about them being white tho... on a black car... can't seem to find a pic of a black EK with white ones on..

True that.

White on black wouldn't look good at all in my opinion.
But I don't like white wheels period, on anything.

There's a red saturn in north Vacaville with those same rims I think.
I see it all the time in the guys driveway, I'm not a big fan of it.

There is an EG coupe here in town with white Konig Tantrums, they look good on it. I think you would like the Volks.

red/white/blue lettering... you will have a flag day car :)

balck/white/blue lettering.... see for your self :)
don't laugh... ETA 3 min in photchop

s3e302e34cef75.jpg

damn, that almost looks real! haha, nice photoshopping... looks better than what i expected.

Back