Where do you guys weigh your cars?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ACE4DOOR

I was just wondering because, I see post like, "I weighed my car the other day, and it weighs 2456lbs with me plus the DOHC motor in it" I was thinking you'll go to weigh stations for trucks, and if you'll do, how in the hell do the people at the stations have time for some kid who is just curious about the weight of his Civic? Most likely, they would tell you to get that piece of sh*t out of hear. Pease tell me because I smell Bull sh*t.

about 5 miles away are the public scales that the police use to weigh tractor trailors randomly. i just pull up and weigh. they dont care :shrug2:

englishtown,nj drag strip has a scale also.

Just yesterday I found a place with a truck scale within walking distance of my house that charges $1 per axle to weigh a vehicle. :D :D :D

Originally posted by Seany-izzle@Jun 28 2004, 10:34 AM
you think if you pulled into a weigh station that was open on the highway the dmv and state troopers will let ya?

Couldn't hurt to stop in and ask.

a rock quarry will have a scale you can roll onto..

there are a few shops around here that can do corner balancing, thats when my car was weighed.

Luckily there's a usually unmanned weigh station about halfway between the small town where I live and the less-small town where I work. The scale is left on, but there's usually only a person manning it an hour or two a week :p

Originally posted by B16@Jun 28 2004, 12:51 PM
there are a few shops around here that can do corner balancing, thats when my car was weighed.

:withstupid:

i weighed mine when i corner balanced it

My old work... ABC moving & Storage or any local truck stop IE FLying J's.. they'll look at you weird but will weigh it for like $5

I know at the garbage dump by my house in NY they weigh when you go, you throw all the crap out weigh again and then they charge the difference...bring something stupid pay like 2 bucks to dump it then you got your weight

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Jun 28 2004, 11:59 AM
Luckily there's a usually unmanned weigh station about halfway between the small town where I live and the less-small town where I work. The scale is left on, but there's usually only a person manning it an hour or two a week :p

Any weigh station has a scale you can see through the window. They are randomly opened and closed(in WA), so that truckers do not know when they will be weighed or not. Weigh your front axle, then your rear, and add the two together. Unless you have a friend to read inside the window for you, the weight w/driver could be tough.
i weighed mine when i corner balanced it

<<<<<<<Jellus as fuk. :)

Originally posted by allbottledup@Jun 28 2004, 03:44 PM
I know at the garbage dump by my house in NY they weigh when you go, you throw all the crap out weigh again and then they charge the difference...bring something stupid pay like 2 bucks to dump it then you got your weight

Yo what part of N.Y. is this because I live in N.Y.C.???

Originally posted by tab@Jun 28 2004, 10:34 PM

Any weigh station has a scale you can see through the window. They are randomly opened and closed(in WA), so that truckers do not know when they will be weighed or not. Weigh your front axle, then your rear, and add the two together. Unless you have a friend to read inside the window for you, the weight w/driver could be tough.

LMMFAO! Just weigh the car, then add your weight to it. It's not like you get lighter when you sit in your car.

Back