Why People Hate Phish ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Rap is for no talent hacks that wanna invent stupid names and pretend they have something to say. I work at Best Buy and you should see some of the C-rap that comes thru there...how many "Lil's" do we need? 50 cent? Thats two quarters more than I'd pay for that piece of garbage. And what about the "Krumbsnatcha"? What the hell is that crap? This is why kids are so goddamn stupid nowadays!!!

Originally posted by machine@Feb 11 2003, 11:14 PM
Rap is for no talent hacks that wanna invent stupid names and pretend they have something to say. I work at Best Buy and you should see some of the C-rap that comes thru there...how many "Lil's" do we need? 50 cent? Thats two quarters more than I'd pay for that piece of garbage. And what about the "Krumbsnatcha"? What the hell is that crap? This is why kids are so goddamn stupid nowadays!!!

stfu n00b

rap owns :D

Originally posted by machine@Feb 11 2003, 11:14 PM

calm down this isnt giezerswap

Originally posted by lsvtec@Feb 11 2003, 03:08 PM
Brian: You can't knock punk or ska until you have gone to see a show. Punk and ska don't play well on a CD. It is completely lacking the energy that the bands have on stage.

:werd: i hate the reel big fish, but then i saw them live and they were phucking amazing. However i heard them on CD the other day and they i thought they sucked.

BTW - Phish rocks, and for those who hate rap try hip hop, check out guys like Atmosphere, Aceyalone, Mystik Journey Men, Living Legends, Idea, Black eyed peas, tha liks, the arsonist, deltron 3030, KRS one, and RUN DMC.

Originally posted by lsvtec@Feb 11 2003, 06:08 PM
Brian: You can't knock punk or ska until you have gone to see a show. Punk and ska don't play well on a CD. It is completely lacking the energy that the bands have on stage.

trust- i've been.

freshman year of college, 3 of my roomates were into it hardcore.

punk shows I've been to:

Less than jake
mustard plug
voodoo glow skulls

and a couple local bands

its not my thing. too many 14 year olds tyring to crowd surf, and me being 6'1 220 tossing little kids around gets pretty boring after a while.

Originally posted by machine@Feb 11 2003, 09:31 PM
newbe or not rap eats ass

You going to explain yourself, or offer alternatives? Or just make a nice blanket statement like that?

B- I know what you mean about the punk shows. The one that I went to, I felt like I should have grey hair and a walker. 99% of everyone there was younger than me.

Originally posted by lsvtec@Feb 11 2003, 06:08 PM

:withstupid: With a rap show, you get pretty much the same thing as on a cd, I've been at clubs when they had rappers live, same old shit. Punk or ska shows actaully give a damn about what they are doing--sure they are in it for the money, but more importantly, for their fans. You think if Eminem has a shitty show, and people complain, he's gonna do anything about it? Hell no, becuase he has a billion other people to buy his cd and go to his show.

Ehhh, not always. I'd agree with an Eminem show or a Jay-Z show or something like that, where they can live off of record sales easily. But I've been to plenty of rap shows where the artists were into their show, into the fans and made it well worth the money. Pharcyde comes to mind.

The same goes for any other type of music. Alot of big names will do the same thing, because they know they can live on record sales. How about Britney Spears and the boy bands lip-sync'ing all their "live" shows?

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord+Feb 12 2003, 08:16 AM-->
B- I know what you mean about the punk shows. The one that I went to, I felt like I should have grey hair and a walker. 99% of everyone there was younger than me.
Does that mean you didn't enjoy yourself? Sure it's kind of a drag when a band like the Bosstones lets a tenny bopper MTV clone like Simple Plan open for them so you have a mass of 14 year old girls waving signs proclaiming their love for <insert boy band lead singer here>. But the show really started to rock after they were boo'd off the stage.

You also didn't step up stairs where they had the drunks parked. There were many people older than you there.

I can understand how Less Than Jake might not put on a good live show. I've never been, but I can't listen to a lot of their stuff in a row. The guy can't sing and he thinks he can. But I can't imagine Mustard Plug not putting on a great show.

MaaseyRacer
@Feb 11 2003, 10:03 PM
i hate the reel big fish, but then i saw them live and they were phucking amazing.

I feel the same way about Goldfinger (before they booted Charlie). I didn't like them on CD, but they put on a great live show. I went to the Crouching Fish, Hidden Finger to see RBF, their show was kinda weak, but they were obviously pretty tired. And Goldfinger was amazing.

Page 2 :owned:

No, it definitely did not mean that I didn't enjoy myself. Just that I felt like a geezer. :lol:

Next time you see the Tones go upstairs. You won't feel so old. I love the energy in the pit too much to hang with the drunks.

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord+Feb 12 2003, 10:16 AM-->
@Feb 11 2003, 09:31 PM
newbe or not rap eats ass

You going to explain yourself, or offer alternatives? Or just make a nice blanket statement like that?

i can elaborate... the music takes no talent. Back in the day , maybe, but now it is all manufactured, canned and sold to twelve year olds. I have seen tons of live footage of their shows and basically they wander around with four hundred other people on stage proclaiming how badass they are. It sounds horrible! Try seeing Rob Zombie live, he bankrupted himself on his last tour, paying for the elaborate setup himself. After seeing that I was satisfied with the 17$ i spent. I feel sorry for someone who pays 45$ to see eminem and his entourage.

I agree with you on your perspective of today's rap. Granted, there are a few artists who manage to still put out some good stuff (Jurassic 5 and The Roots among others). It sounded like, from your statement, you were saying that all rap sucked, from the beginnings of it in the late 70's and early 80's, all the way up to the present.

Back