Will It Bolt Up?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I want to buy a B18B1...My question is, will any 94 and up integra tranny (hydro) bolt up to the motor and work? Or does the tranny have to be the same generation as the motor(94-95 Integra)?

P.S. Could i bolt up a B16 tranny to it(because it has shorter gears), If so what year/years of the B16 would work?

if the trans is hydro and the car your putting it in is cable it wont work you need to convirt your car over to hydro. if the car is setup for hydrolic your all set. so check that out .

Originally posted by slammedb18acivic@Mar 24 2003, 11:17 PM
if the trans is hydro and the car your putting it in is cable it wont work you need to convirt your car over to hydro. if the car is setup for hydrolic your all set. so check that out .

What exactly doesn't fit or work. I just want to know for general info.

Originally posted by solblu+Mar 24 2003, 11:51 PM-->
slammedb18acivic
@Mar 24 2003, 11:17 PM

What exactly doesn't fit or work. I just want to know for general info.

solblu...for helping me out so much i'll let you know right now...basically if your car is cable tranny and you put a b series motor in it...then any cable b series tranny will work and same goes for hydro...88-91 = cable...92+ = hydro...also, d series motors only goes with d series trannies, h series motors goes with h series trannies, ect...just depends on if your car was ment to have cable or hydro tranny...if i missed something...someone please add on :D

wow. that wasn't the response he was looking for.
he wanted to know what parts you need to convert the car to a hyrdo trans

to answer the question all b series motors bolt to any b series trans. you can use either a hydro or a cable trans. for a car equipped with cable trans., I believe hasport makes a conv kit to enable you to put a hydro trans in a cable trans car.

Originally posted by geoff19crx@Mar 25 2003, 03:58 PM
I believe hasport makes a conv kit to enable you to put a hydro trans in a cable trans car.

No,it is the other way around,it is for putting cable trannies in hydaulic tranny equipped cars.But I have heard they are working on a kit that goes the other way.

but if you dont want to use the gay conversion kit.

if you want to convert the whole car itself over to hydro... what do you need??

You'd need to get everything from the clutch hose,clutch pipe,slave cylinder,the joint fittings all the clutch pipe betwen the joint and the master cylinder,the master cylinder itself,reservoir hose and the resevoir,also probably the pedal arm for the hydaulic because they have a hole for the pedal pin to hold the engaging mechanism for the master cylinder.

what kind of car do you have?? i understand you want to buy a b18b for your car but i dont know... yes all b series trany's will bolt up to any b series block...

Originally posted by 2 litre EG@Mar 25 2003, 07:49 PM
yes all b series trany's will bolt up to any b series block...

That's what I wanted clarified. I thought you could interchange as long as it was a B.

as long as its hydro -2- hydro or cable -2- cable then it's simple... but you always have that option of hydro -2- cable conversion

I have a 92 Civic Cx Hatchback(hydro), All i wanted to know is what year of Integra trannys could i bolt up to a B18B1(also hydro) without any conversion? Also would only the 99-00 Civic Si trannys work on a B18B1 being the B18B1 are hydro and they are B series?

Originally posted by NeedACivic Posted on Mar 26 2003@ 05:02 AM
Also would only the 99-00 Civic Si trannys work on a B18B1 being the B18B1 are hydro and they are B series?

No you can use any 92+ B16 tranny from civic siR II's/delsol vtec's or 94+ B18 tranny LS/GSR or other model.

simple and easy your eg will accept any 94 and up integra trans as well as 99-00 civic si or even 94-95 del sol dohc. all these peeps try to confuse ...talk to much...

ps 2.0 get of er's nuts

Originally posted by HOOKUPSPROCRX@Mar 26 2003, 11:33 AM
simple and easy your eg will accept any 94 and up integra trans as well as 99-00 civic si or even 94-95 del sol dohc. all these peeps try to confuse ...talk to much...

ps 2.0 get of er's nuts

you talkin to me chris? lol

whose nuts am i on? no ones!!! :p

Back