1980 2nd gen civic b16 swap

how do you like the bigger cvcc motor?

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

100_0532.jpg

here is the wiring in car that im doing right now. and the axles that are cut and resplined.

Im not ganna use the body kit bumper i put it on for fun it looks ricer and the 17" wheel is not going on this was a pic for fun but the only one i have that shows the whole car.

Last edited:
Ewwww!! I was digging this project up until I saw the ricey-looking body kit bumper...

Cheapo-looking body kit + old-school-looking car = :puke: in my honest opinion...

Maybe he doesnt have the stock bumper. Either way, I still have respect. The car is still a badass :thumbsup:
post some vids when you get her runnin.

you should get the wings west RS kit.. it'll look alot cleaner.. and different wheels are a must.. something a little more old skool for that car..

I dont like the body kit i just set it on to see Note: finding parts for the 2nd gen civic is a bitch, 2 months to find a fender for it. the stock bumper for this civic is a a 20 lbs bumper that stuck out 3-4 inch past the headlights i think im ganna go with the 84-87 CRX S bumper and rear w/ sides all stock and i found RIGHT hand drive set up for my car in the UK. i gatta order this that would be sweet. SORRY guys for the lose of respect on the bumper LOL.

the wheels are not mine i would love to have 14 honda rota 17s are to big i gatta find some wheels im on the stock 12s for now. i did find some old mugen wheels in japan but to ship will be as much as the wheels.

THIS IS gunna be one bad ass CAR KEEP US POSTED .... impressive two thumbs up

ok this is what ive ben working on i just dont know what to do about the front, i gatta get the motor started first so i have time to do the body work But here is one pic that i was thinking about doing with the front of the car doing a roll pan in front. but i dont know yet im still thinking the inside of the car i still made stock _ so i wanna try and stay stock looking inside/out and i know i dont want the stock big bumper tell me what you guys think of the roll pan in front of this cvcc ( NOTE: NOT THE COLOR ) LOL

Attachments

• cvccpic.jpg
    cvccpic.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 1,961
Looks like the bumper is missing.
Just get some rectangular steel tube stock, like 3 inch by 1 inch wide enough to go across the front of the car and wrap around the sides about 4 inches and fab up some brackets to mount it on. Paint it the same color as the rest of the car and it will look hot because you made it yourself.

Or find a stock bumper, It's really easy to tuck them, they sit on oil filled telescoping rods that you can drill a hole to drain the oil, push em in a few inches then tack weld them in place. I've seen it done, it looks badass, I'll be doing it to my civic.

If you don't wanna do either of those, get the wings west kit for a crx and mount that up front. It will cover your intercooler nicely when you go turbo :ph34r:

Last edited:
turbo b16 cvcc? I like, I like...

Please ditch the body kit homie... it looks extremely ghetto...

... do it for the kittens...

turbo b16 cvcc? I like, I like...

Please ditch the body kit homie... it looks extremely ghetto...

... do it for the kittens...
I said this already im NOT puting a Body kit on the cvcc its going to be stock that is the only pic of the whole car that some one wanted to see, i was fu**ing around and set it on with the 17" wheel and no on the wheels to, the bumper go's to a 88-91 civic sooooooooo! what im doing is going
( Stock asia front and rear sides off the same stock cvcc . think of it like 84-87 and 88-91 civic same car but diff.. its called the 83 civic S bumpers from asia only. and gatta order the right hand drive set up the car is only 1300-1500 lbs im not doing a turbo its ganna be N/A it will have enough power ( if not ill build the bottom B20 for Vtec and do a B20vtec) lol but im sure it will do fine.

Last edited:
OK here is the up date ::: i was waiting for the wiring diagram for the 80 civic and now i have it to repin the dash harness with the 90 civic wiring. gatta love the wiring the only thing that needs the repin is the plugs for the dash heater switch exe.. thats is it. the rest was done already i gatta get this thing running i have two weeks tell i have to send out for paint just running, still waiting on parts for the suspen.. and trac-bars to be welded after wiring ill have more pics soon.

Back