201hp, 151ft/lb tq

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
The cable/hydro conversion doesn't feel any different than any other tranny with a stage 3 clutch does...

And as far as 12's by crimmus...well....damn.

:huh:

Originally posted by driverunknown@Jan 20 2005, 10:08 AM
He meant 2005 though. Who uses a/c on December?
[post=448630]Quoted post[/post]​

We do down here in Houston- hell, I drove with it on yesterday.

Originally posted by driverunknown@Jan 20 2005, 02:07 AM
I agree, now I have also heard about its 190 top speed(corvette), but do they mention how long it takes to get there? I would like to know.
[post=448510]Quoted post[/post]​

car and driver went up to 150.

0-

30: 1.8
40: 2.5
50: 3.3
60: 4.3
70: 5.4
80: 6.8
90: 8.2
100: 9.9
110: 12
120: 14
130: 16.9
140: 20.1
150: 26.3

So continuing from the 120+ with a 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12 which seems to be the rough pattern...

160: 34
170: 44
180: 56
190: 70 ish

In just over a minute assuming no crosswind and a perfectly flat highway.

However I don't think will will get anywhere close to 150 with his gearing.

The new Vette has an aweseome top end, and superb top end power. I don't think he will destroy the Vette at all, but it will be a good race up to a point.

I called BS because the guy probably just purchased the car and didn't feel like getting a ticket or run the risk of destroying his car. He might have toyed for a bit, but didn't go all balls in.

Do i sense jealousy here ? Hmm look at you sig...
2000Si Improved plans:

|Built LS/VTEC|IB 12.5 pistons|IB I-beam rods|S2S2 cams|short ram I|DC 4-1 H|rs*r E|
. Well will has basically your setup ( minus the ls block but the beetwunny was there) and 12.1 pistons. :shrug2: Driver skill can help alot also. That guy could be banging gears at 5 grand???

Originally posted by YouKnowWhoIBee@Jan 20 2005, 11:12 PM
Do i sense jealousy here ? Hmm look at you sig...
2000Si Improved plans:

|Built LS/VTEC|IB 12.5 pistons|IB I-beam rods|S2S2 cams|short ram I|DC 4-1 H|rs*r E|
. Well will has basically your setup ( minus the ls block but the beetwunny was there) and 12.1 pistons. :shrug2: Driver skill can help alot also. That guy could be banging gears at 5 grand???
[post=448945]Quoted post[/post]​

Jealousy for his car sure... even though it's an EF and silver.

I was planning an LS/VTEC because of the advice Cal gave me. Not because what Will was doing with his b20 before it went sour.

I'm not calling BS because I'm jealous, I'm just saying I don't believe it for the reason I stated up there ^

Originally posted by 2000Si@Jan 20 2005, 10:00 PM
However I don't think will will get anywhere close to 150 with his gearing.
[post=448940]Quoted post[/post]​

Probably not. My top is 150 @ 8000rpm, and that's with the SiR2 gearing.

Newsflash....

I thought he wasn't getting on it, so I let off. As soon as I did, he started passing me, and as he did he looked over at me and shot me the finger...so, doing about 80 or so, I hit 3rd again, sat next to him for a second or 2, then shifted to 4th and eased off. I got a few lengths ahead of him, hit 5th, and eased off the gas. At this point homedude flew by me, cut into my lane, and cruised off.

Neither I, nor the Vette, was topped out....y0....

Originally posted by driverunknown@Jan 20 2005, 10:48 PM
you don't go to that final 100 rpms? :p
[post=448971]Quoted post[/post]​

Nope. I just logged what I topped out at on the VAFC's rev meter in 5th gear, then calculated my true speed from there.

Originally posted by civicious@Jan 21 2005, 08:35 AM
Newsflash....

I thought he wasn't getting on it, so I let off. As soon as I did, he started passing me, and as he did he looked over at me and shot me the finger...so, doing about 80 or so, I hit 3rd again, sat next to him for a second or 2, then shifted to 4th and eased off. I got a few lengths ahead of him, hit 5th, and eased off the gas. At this point homedude flew by me, cut into my lane, and cruised off.

[post=449065]Quoted post[/post]​

That was my point. Had he been slamming gears trying to keep up and topped out you would have gotten eaten alive. ;)

Originally posted by 2000Si+Jan 21 2005, 09:35 PM-->
civicious
@Jan 21 2005, 08:35 AM
Newsflash....

[post=449065]Quoted post[/post]​

That was my point. Had he been slamming gears trying to keep up and topped out you would have gotten eaten alive. ;)
[post=449431]Quoted post[/post]​

dude sell your civic and go buy a chevrolet because u cant deal wiht whatsgoin on here...but u want ur car to be fast and do the things that ur stating cant be done by will and his hatch...

all u do is talk smakck about chevy's and vettes and whatever else they hvae to offer, like its the baddest thing in the world

That's not talking smack, that's telling the truth. If you can't deal with it, that isn't my problem.

Why don't you go sell your car for a Chevy? Because I don't want one.

Originally posted by 2000Si@Jan 22 2005, 10:08 AM
That's not talking smack, that's telling the truth. If you can't deal with it, that isn't my problem.

Why don't you go sell your car for a Chevy? Because I don't want one.
[post=449630]Quoted post[/post]​

Seriously bro, your putting way to much time/energy/and BS into this topic, Wills saying that that he gave one a run on the freeway and he came out ahead. Nothing about topping out, the vette trying its hardest, or the vette possibly being the worlds greatest driver etc. etc. Stop trying to make an argument where there is not one, not the point of the thread and definitly not the point of hondaswap.

BOTTOM LINE

WILL, Congrats on getting the damn thing running!!!, I know it feels good after all the delays/problems. Have enjoying it! :)

End of story.

I wasn't trying to start an arguement, I simply was stating mere facts based on the performance already attained from the C6 Corvette. He gave one a run for the money, and I wasn't denying any of that. I know his car is fast, and could very well do it... but I was simply stating that I don't believe the C6 was giving it all it has. That's all.

I'd love to see a video of will spanking a C6. That way I could have proof and show it to some Mustang enthusiasts that would other wise call BS on the whole thing. Anybody can make claims and tell stories, he doesn't care if I don't believe the C6 wasn't putting everything he had into the race... but for some reason everyone else does.

driver: I don't want a chevy. My next car will be an 01-04 Mustang GT which I will have running 11s with bolt ons, suspension and a little bit of lightening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back