Another CRX dirt track racecar...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lol no doubt..its strict like that because the guys used to go out and blow tons of money on parts like yours lol...and it wouldnt be fair..and all the safety stuff is due to some fatalities at our local tracks..its understandable..

we actually havent spent as much on these as it seemed...Im only in $3500 for everything, the 89 hatch is at $5000 because he had to rebuild the motor twice, and he did buy some cool go fast parts. My first race truck came in at $3500 for its original build, and was nowhere as fun to drive as this crx. Our track has gone through alot of changes in the last 10 years. they used to have 20+ cars with strict rules, then alot of the guys went to mini trucks with less rules, then they let cars have an open rules class. there were cars running turbos and chargers all that shit, and they got down to only 3 cars left. and for the last 3 years cars class has been NO RULES except no fwd or awd. So this year we were able to get them to allow fwd with some guidelines. I still think rule changes may be in order for next year after they see these hondas run...lol.

lol thats the thing we dont spend near as much...
i bought a complete raceready car for 1200..only thing i had to do was either fix a fender or put a new one on,,oh and a tire..
im buying 2.5 cars with spare motors and parts for $600 lol
the most expensive stuff is the safety equipment

true...I guess that is alot less than we spent, but still cheaper than running a mod...lol:D

lol yessir..i believe the tires are $800 for a set of 4 and the fuel was over $100 for 5 gallons of powermist...
not to mention parts if you break them lol..but my goal is to atleast work up to mods over the next couple years..hell id like to atleast race in the arca series

lol yessir..i believe the tires are $800 for a set of 4 and the fuel was over $100 for 5 gallons of powermist...
not to mention parts if you break them lol..but my goal is to atleast work up to mods over the next couple years..hell id like to atleast race in the arca series

word!! :D

That's the 2nd craziest thing I've seen done with a CRX. Great job on the build man. The one that takes tops for me though is the V8 rwd drag car that somebody built. The back wheels were almost bigger than the rest of the car.

That's the 2nd craziest thing I've seen done with a CRX. Great job on the build man. The one that takes tops for me though is the V8 rwd drag car that somebody built. The back wheels were almost bigger than the rest of the car.

Thanks man...I bet you mean this crx http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v612/ihearasian/crx.jpg

I love the videos on youtube of that thing, its flat ridiculous...lol.

hopefully the weather will hold for us to actually run these Hondas on sat, I cant sleep...Im so excited to run the mad rex.:D

...well the weather looks cool and windy, but no rain, so were loaded and ready to roll out stay tuned for pics and video tomorrow.:D
0501101016a.jpg

0501101015a.jpg

Last edited:
awesome i cant wait to get my car to my house and start workin on it..let us know how it goes

man what a night...
I won my heat race, took 1st in the trophy dash and 2nd in the main event.
I got spun while leading in the main, with about 10 laps to go and couldnt catch back up to the leader(my bro-inlaw). after the spin I got my toe knocked outta whack and the steering sucked bad, but overall a great first showing.
#25 civic took 3rd in the main event, almost got me at the end as you will see from the in car cam.
#44 eg got 2nd in the heat, and second in the trophy dash and dropped out of the main early with some engine problems.
it was a great first showing for the fwd's lots of peoples intrest was sparked for sure. well heres the videos...
in car #2 crx heat race YouTube - in car-cam #2 crx heat race 5-1-10
in car #2 crx trophy dash YouTube - in car-cam #2 crx trophy dash race 5-1-10
mini-outlaw main from pits YouTube - Mini-outlaw main pt1 madras speedway 5-1-10
dave #25 in car cam main YouTube - in car cam #25 main event 5-1-10
dave #25 in car cam hot laps YouTube - in car cam #25 honda ef civic dirt track racing hot laps 5-1-10
nate #44 in car cam heat YouTube - in car cam #44 heat race 5-1-10
nate #44 in car cam trophy dash YouTube - in car cam #44 honda eg trophy dash and wreck 5-1-10

:thumbsup: congrats

and whats with the audio in the CRX videos??? thats just painful

:thumbsup: congrats

and whats with the audio in the CRX videos??? thats just painful

Thanks! I know that camera I have sucks or I just cant figure it out yet on the audio, but it sucks on all audio levels. Its a oregon scientific atc3000, and the other guys got the go pro cams and they are 10x better...I may be switching up to one of them soon.

What a night on sat...I managed to run the rex square into my brothers datsun head on as he spun into my path, mashed up my nose and punched a hole in the rad. made it back out for trophy dash and the electrical started acting up again, finished the race hot...got the rad leak mostly stopped made into the main...during the main the #25 civic grenaded the lsvtec and burst into flames due to the hot oil coming from the #4 cyl area spraying directly onto the nice hot header. after the race resumed I was overheating so had to pack out early, but still finished with a 3rd place.
the #44 EG was running a hell of a run for the front, just about to overtake the leader when his car blew out ANOTHER axle. not sure the lsd is worth the extra traction for the cost of replacing axles every race...but all in all another good time for all....and the ef hatch now has a p72 bottom end getting ready for the install should be more accepting of the high rpms than the lsv motors

why not run B20s? the extra weight should definitely help with the traction instead of lsd.

Like I said in the very begining, I know almost nothing about Hondas, but I am learning. But one of the guys (#44) he's been around Hondas a long time and said something about the b20 block sleeve design is weak and cracks, or comes apart...I dont know I was just taking advice of someone with more Honda know how than me. I am seriously considering the b16 now for the higher rpm range over the lsvtec motor...I thought in the start we would need the torque of the lsv but we arent using too much torque due to speeds were already moving in and out of corners and on the starts. We'll see how the ef does with its new GSR swap this weekend, and go from there. As for the traction is just depends on the track....test day there was all the traction you could ask for, last 2 races its been very slick, trying air pressure adjustments helped a little...we still out pull every other rwd on the track...lol

yea dont run a b20 lol the guy is right about shitty sleeves..
gsr should move pretty nice..run as low of airpressures in the left as you can..
im still trying to get my racecar put back together so i can race in a few weeks

how low on the left? I think I am running the pressures you suggested like 15 lf 18lr 23rf 28rr...arent those what you told me to try? the guy running the eg lowered his rf and lf by a couple lbs and broke an axle...he had so much traction...lol

..I'd run a 4g63 if I was running a mitsubishi

Back