Brad's DC2 GSR Tragedy

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

More compression would make you more susceptible to detonation, but you can make more power (GSR head). The two heads flow well enough that the difference between the two is negligible.

Here you can see how the GSR (Right) combustion chamber differs giving you a higher compression ratio with a smaller chamber.

images
Nice pictures - the pic on the right of the GSR head. On two-strokes, the area highlighted with the red arrows would be referred to as the "Squish Band" on a hemi head.

I've read Honda considers their head design to be "Pent Dome" and not true "Hemispherical". So, would the GSR just be further down the road of the "Pent Dome" design?

You boys and your Canadian Hondas. Nice pick up.

In terms of the chattering sunroof......a good cleaning and re-greasing of the rails may stop that

Keep the wing....too many guys roll without it now......so get on the different train!
Unless you really like the naked look.....in that case.....do what makes you happy.

Keep the GSR head too....get a Skunk2 IM and it'll flow nicely.

Nice pictures - the pic on the right of the GSR head. On two-strokes, the area highlighted with the red arrows would be referred to as the "Squish Band" on a hemi head.

I've read Honda considers their head design to be "Pent Dome" and not true "Hemispherical". So, would the GSR just be further down the road of the "Pent Dome" design?
Word, the GSR head has a smaller quench area which can actually help with mixing the Air and Fuel.

Dude I'm ouutt of money and have been broke-ass for a while. I just want this thing cleaned, reliable and stock for a while.
As someone who has had 5+ exhausts on his Integra, I recommend a stock Type R set-up. Search my threads and I posted the exact replacement I'm talking about. That coupled with my intake sounds great when I get on it. And it doesn't attract attention when you're not. Not pricey either.

Last edited:

It's called a "Quench Chamber". And it is the preference of the master head builders/modifiers, even on a B16.
http://http://theoldone.com/components/cylinderheads/Honda/B_Series/honda_b_series_cylinder_head_mod.htm

Hell, HMT did it to a D-Series and got great results. If you can weld aluminum, its a great option.

Last edited:
well thats quite the insight mod-man
and i believe that if i was in brads situation,
and had seen a dyno sheet such as b16's
i would obviously go with where the
numbers lead, and thanks for your input
i will keep it in mind as i am still all to new to
the complexities of the tuning world.
I'm new to tuning Honda's too. But, have tuned a few other things. Just speculating a little. I am planning on an adjustable fuel regulator for my hatch soon - will install when I change the fuel pump to a higher performance unit. That should be fun to play with in addition to the adjustable cam timing pulleys.

Waiting a few more weeks for it to cool down a little in North Texas - friggin hot down here this season.

I'm going to let Brad have his thread back. :cool:
EDIT: Here's a brief, but fairly comprehensive overview of a turbocharged system. Turbo Exhaust Theory
And a little on exhaust system design: Building performance exhaust systems

Last edited:
Hahaha. Awesome support here guys. I know where I can order mandrel bent pipe, and the Integra looks pretty easy to build an exhaust for it. I'm thinking DIY.

I forgot to say I fixed the sunroof, it was clean but just needed a good lube with some forward and backward motions repeatedly.

I will give the spoiler a second chance...like EG6 said it will look better when lowered.

I'm convinced to keep the GSR motor intact and build on it. Btw it will need a complete rebuild some time in the future, she burns a bit too much.

The GSR feels great on the road. Hauls fucking ass! I can guarantee it would kill the B16/LS CRX in a race...and it's all stock with a broken off muffler! Cornering is acceptable, the rear end gets buttery sometimes. My wheels/tires felt right at home on the Integra but I gotta change the color. Oh and they don't vibrate anymore, maybe the extra weight took it away. :dunno:

^^^^ Yeah, just rout it hanging down straight across the bottom to the left rear and dump it out into a nice Fart Can....... Support it from the back bumper with some Plumbers Tape...... :D

I like the rear spoiler for what it's worth.

Last edited:
And when I hit dips it will spark all over the road!!! Prime dude!!!

-Spoiler back on
-Oil change done
-Set timing (was retarded)
-Filled up on 91 oct
-Outer CV boots purchased, installing is another story

It's running better and stronger. It burns a lot less too. :thumbsup:

You guys want a vid? :ph34r:

Of course we want video and pictures. How else can we effectively supervise you?

I looked last night for the picture of the pipe hanging under the CRX and couldn't find it. Did you can it? Or did I just miss it? Wanted to use it an an example for the Acura. :)

CV boots shouldn't be that big a deal - while at it, would be a great time for brake system flush.

EDIT - ok, ok, ok I obsessed until I found it.

Setup exhaust like this:

YouTube - Dynomax Super Turbo Straight Piped LS Powered CRX !

No it's not a Flowmaster it's the new Ghettomaster "Up Yo Ass" Turbo Maxx exhaust system. GUARANTEED to attract attention.

Last edited:
Hahaha. Awesome support here guys. I know where I can order mandrel bent pipe, and the Integra looks pretty easy to build an exhaust for it. I'm thinking DIY.

I forgot to say I fixed the sunroof, it was clean but just needed a good lube with some forward and backward motions repeatedly.

I have a mandrel bent kit from ASP (3") and I hope to be installing it soon (once I get my swap running). Check my thread (in the net few weeks) and I'll know how easy it is. Its a 3-piece slip fitting kit. I have some high pressure pipe clamps but I am not sure how they will hold. I also know a guy in CA who builds V8's and he had some cool clamps on his stand alone demo motor's exhaust. They will allow me to take the exhaust off if I run a megaphone at the drag strip.

But for a driver.....you could weld some 1-1.5" stitch welds on the joints b/c the pipe fits pretty tight already......that's what she said.

Glad the sunroof slides nicely for you now

. Mine wants to scratch my roof when I close it. Had it looked over and the guy tried to shim it....nope. So it doesn't open much.

Well.....eg6sir's GSR is an exception to the average teggy rolling around now days.

Its cleeeeeeeeeeean. :thumbsup:

So I got the WSII muffler for free! :D Its for a DC5 but seems to fit fine.

My drivers front brake seems to stick. :(

My clutch died yesterday. I bled it and its fine again but I think the slave is going out.

Last edited:
A fuckin' sheet metal muffler with rolled seams ROFL :D

Sorry Brad.....

Wait a minute! WTF is hanging that thing at 1:07? I joked about using Plumbers Tape - it looks like a gawd dang piece of an old webbed nylon tie down strap????

Last edited:
Wait a minute! WTF is hanging that thing at 1:07? I joked about using Plumbers Tape - it looks like a gawd dang piece of an old webbed nylon tie down strap????

I thought it was just some thing like that or even like a red dog leash? haha.

Back