Brad's DC2 GSR Tragedy

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

oooor, you could replace the clutch and put a fresh one in.. i bet its the original clutch in there still

Something moving and going wrong in traffic makes me thinking inside the housing (throw out bearing, pressure plate or disc). I am very aware how "fun" taking a trans out can be (well....the fun part is feeling like a monkey f@cking a football when you try to install the trans) But I think a removal is necessary. And I am with eg6sir.......new clutch! Save your pennies and make it happen!

Ya, sounds like either ears on the pressure plate broke, the throwout bearing broke or you popped a spring out of the hub of the clutch disk.

Looking like you're going to have to do an "End to End" on this phuker sooner than anticipated. When done, you'll have a nice ride.

Now you have to manage the 3 and maintain a DD in the process. :)
Park it - fix it right. Can't you drive the $400 junker a while and do the new one justice?

I don't have anything to drive. :( Both cars have sold.

I will start saving for a new clutch but I have over $500 in tickets and driver fees to pay by the end of the month, plus I'm facing losing my licence once again. So now I'm finding work closer to home so I can bike. :thumbsdown:

I'm probably going with the stage 1 Exedy racing clutch which will land under the $300 mark. Then I'll just get the stock flywheel resurfaced (if its not bad).

I got the axles swapped and the trans flushed and filled with Royal Purple. Synthetic DID make an improvement in shifting.

My baby got her first polish + wax. :) I did a headlight buff by hand too. The fade is gone but I need to go over it again with a buffer to get the swirls out.

107_4641.jpg

107_4642.jpg

107_4644.jpg

The Exedy is a clutch set? Meaning pressure plate too?

Traffic tickets are a NASTY waste of money. Sorry to hear that. I've been plagued by them myself over the years. Got my first one at 13 yrs old for riding a mini-bike on the street with some school buddies.

One dude had a Lil Indian rolling frame, I had a 9 tooth 5/8" bore sprocket, 9" piece of aluminum straight pipe threaded at one end and a #35 chain. We'd go to another buddies house after school and pull the 3hp Briggs & Stratton engine off of his lawnmower. Bolt it up on the MB frame, pull muffler and install straight pipe, pull the governor and off we went.......right to juvenile traffic court when the cops got there.

You can get the stock flywheel lightened a bit and balanced also. Had the one on the ZC turned down to #12 and it still shifts real nice.

You must be going nuts to drive your new car - and all this complicated crap. ;)

Looks nice washed and waxed with the new tires.

Last edited:
good god paint those wheels... look like a rolling McDonalds advertisement

oh.. and a SiR-g lip.. :D

Last edited:
Way better. eg, you took the words right out of my mouth. That cars nickname is definetly Ronald now. :puke:

The rims remind me of when guys were rolling around with one windshield wiper in the center all cocked, lots of stickers and a 5in exhaust tip......straight up 1995 yo!

Yellow Neuspeed sticker across the windshield and you take me back to my teens!

Hell, if you like them.....Rock 'em then. :thumbsup:

I like the OEM look.....all day, every day. Or, if you can afford it, nice Japanese wheels that hold their value better than the average Rota, Drag, etc. Not to say I wouldn't rock other wheels.....just hard to beat the OEM look. Some clean fat fives or meshies, 99/00 Si (<--debatable) look nice on any Honda.......yo.

There use to be these wheels that I've wanted since the mid 90's. But I believe they are discontinued.

SSR Shumacher Wheels......16X7 (+32-37 offset) those are my dream wheels.

Schumacher_Wheel_SSR.jpg

as long as they're real Schus and not that Tenzo garbage
and I know what you're talking about... I remember the big Neuspeed windshield stickers

Last edited:
Car looks great but it needs lower and different color on the wheels..

insurance claim... buy the car back pull any salvagable part and sell them.. be back in another teg in no time

Back