Brad's DC2 GSR Tragedy

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

This blows. Brad has all the luck.. but its all bad luck!

Yeah this fully sucks. The night before my birthday.

Not my fault, the guy went full speed (60 KMS) through a stop sign on a blind corner, I was on the main road, I turned in and clipped his rear, that spun him and put him over a median and I spun and stopped in the middle of the intersection. No one hurt, I fucking screamed at the guy a couple times then dealt with the Police.

I am 110.01 % not at fault, they even told me there was no way of avoiding it. There was a guy following the guy and saw it all.

The front end doesn't seem bad. I really think its salvageable. Most of the impact energy went into spinning. I need a hood, fenders, bumper and rad support. Nothing past the bumper got touched. The wheels still pointed straight. So my insurance money is going into a JDM front clip hahah!!

Ahhh I really don't want to deal with this.

Last edited:
FWIW Happy Birthday Brad - you came out unscathed - many don't. Count your blessings - your guardian angel was sitting on your shoulder. You can and will build up another ride.

;)

Dual-500 the Artist formerly known as mod-man2

Too far gone to repair. :( I might try and buy it back for parts. I want the damn swap!!

107_4646.jpg

107_4647.jpg

107_4649.jpg

107_4648.jpg

107_4651.jpg

107_4652.jpg

107_4653.jpg

107_4656.jpg

107_4654.jpg

107_4655.jpg

107_4657.jpg

107_4658.jpg

107_4660.jpg

Last edited:
swap, brakes, interior, misc salvagable body parts to sell.ie: doors look good still, hatch, glass, strip it down to a bare shell and sell shit....oh, and sell me the muffler for cheap.. lol.. i want a stock muffler on the teg

swap, brakes, interior, misc salvagable body parts to sell.ie: doors look good still, hatch, glass, strip it down to a bare shell and sell shit....oh, and sell me the muffler for cheap.. lol.. i want a stock muffler on the teg
I got dibs on the GADAR Yellow wheels!

I miss this car so much. I've been thinking of an EG hatch with GSR brakes, drivetrain and wheels. :)

I'm sore as fuck. Upper and lower back, neck and my head. Probably got a concision, I'm waiting to get checked out tomorrow. Still haven't set up a time to get the car appraised.

Worst time of my life right now... I have no car and $4 on my bank card cause of tickets.

Last edited:
My dad is nice and he let me use his CRX (with my motor lol) for commuting to work.

Pictures were taken from my new Android I got for my birthday. :)

IMG_20110830_172854.jpg

IMG_20110830_172916.jpg

IMG_20110830_213840.jpg

IMG_20110830_213907.jpg

IMG_20110830_213916.jpg

IMG_20110830_213938.jpg

IMG_20110830_214003.jpg

Does anyone else notice the fucking shine this car had after I hand buffed for hours! It was perfect for original paint! For once I had a "perfect" example of a clean Honda and its gone.

107_4656.jpg

Yeah - you had it looking real nice. It's a shame your time with it was so short lived. Your dad is awesome. Gives you plenty of leash - let's you screw up and learn - you're a lucky guy. My dad was similar. He's also the one that ok'd the mini-bikes, shotgun and dirt bike. The best times ever were had with those toys.

He's 80 years old now - time for me to give some back - so, after a family gathering for a memorial to his second wife last April, I saw he had a cheap cell phone that someone in the family on her side bought for him. No disrespect meant here - it was really cool that they did that.

I told him I had a few old phones in good shape and would send him one - they were RAZR's and better than what he had. After thinking it over and looking at options - I added another number to my plan, and got him a new iPhone 3 for $49.00 on a 2 year plan. Activated it and loaded up family contacts and sent it out to California for him - it's paid for and on my plan - all he needs to do is talk. Needless to say, he's pleased with it.

Helping him out now rocks. :)

Last edited:
Yeah - you had it looking real nice. It's a shame your time with it was so short lived. Your dad is awesome. Gives you plenty of leash - let's you screw up and learn - you're a lucky guy. My dad was similar. He's also the one that ok'd the mini-bikes, shotgun and dirt bike. The best times ever were had with those toys.

He's 80 years old now - time for me to give some back - so, after a family gathering for a memorial to his second wife last April, I saw he had a cheap cell phone that someone in the family on her side bought for him. No disrespect meant here - it was really cool that they did that.

I told him I had a few old phones in good shape and would send him one - they were RAZR's and better than what he had. After thinking it over and looking at options - I added another number to my plan, and got him a new iPhone 3 for $49.00 on a 2 year plan. Activated it and loaded up family contacts and sent it out to California for him - it's paid for and on my plan - all he needs to do is talk. Needless to say, he's pleased with it.

Helping him out now rocks. :)
Too short lived. :( And yes, my dad is pretty prime. ;)
that blows.
nice wheels on the crx..they look familiar :ph34r:
No comment haha. :D
Very familiar. Haha And they look a lot better than what they replaced. :ph34r: :ph34r:
It wasn't thaaaatttt bad!

The insurance company came up with the price I wanted. First he averaged a few Integras at $3000 then I said go find me a GSR for that cause it's the car I'm going to buy again. He got back to me with $4300 because of the mileage, then $1000 to buy it back.

So I have $3300 to buy a shell with. :) I'm supposed to get $5000 for injury (just soft tissue/muscle damage) which hopefully puts me at the $8300 mark. I could seriously save some money to add onto that and buy a legit Type R from Japan. But this is a thought for now...

Nice commuter! I love Fat Fives on a CRX. Sorry about the Teggy. But your dad does sound like he rocks. I am thankful to have a pretty solid father too.

I say you take the swap out and get yourself a clean Honda to throw it in :thumbsup: and sell the good Integra Parts.

It may take some time but you can sell all the good panels, door(s), interior, etc, etc and it will put a big dent in the cost to get that swap running and breathing nicely :thumbsup:

Knowing you as I do - figure out what your total budget is - buy a ride for $2-3k and put the rest ($5-6k) in upgrades/improvements. Like a motor rebuild and such. Something that is reliable and runs good.

Back