HP TouchPad for $99/$150 for 16GB/32GB

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I am bummed :( I really liked WebOS. I may go by staples tomorrow to see if they have any under a pallet or something.

dont give up guys. keep trying and checking on slickdeals.net. some places havent changed the price so keep an eye out for price matching. best buy pulled them from stock and released them at the new price at like 6pm.

very strong chance honeycomb is going to be ported on this.

best buy sku is 2842056.

dont listen to bestbuy bullshit about not selling it. they gotten a bulletin to "sale them NOW." some best buys will do it tomorrow morning when the store opens. each store has 30 instock, about 20 16gb and 32gb.

my brother works at bestbuy as a manger so thats how i got hooked up =).

I'll swing by best buy tomorrow. We will see.....

just got back form best buy and staples, both are sold out.. things went quick!

Anyone know if there are going to be any new shipments of these?

Looks like it but at this point it's just all talk.

This would be such a smart move by hp if they sell 2 million units in 2 days only to support it again once they get market placement.

dont lose hope guys. best buy had 270,000 in stock so im not sure how much of that was sold already. but there are still are retailers that might price match.

when i was at walmart yesterday, one of the electronics personnel said they might be get shipments in as well, as it auto orders everything that is low or out and theres a good chance some was via en route to stores before the craze hit.

btw, if you can land one, obviously do not hesitate to get it. the only really big draw backs this thing has is, no hdmi out and no type of sd slot to increase storage.

webOS is kinda clunky and slow, but it works pretty well out of the box. you can already clock from 1.2 ghz to 1.5 ghz with a new kernel and the speakers on it are really nice, better than my laptop speakers. lastly, two websites xda and another are already forming teams to put honeycomb on this as we speak.

so for $100 bucks, this is probably the deal of the year, if not the decade. it costs HP $320~ to make one of these and considering they were going for $499 MSRP, no question this is a smoking hot deal.

Its based on the now defunct webOS. its purpose is like any other tablet, teritary machine for general surfing, skyping, etc... biggest drawback is webOS is kinda in limbo, HP doesnt know what to do with it.

however, as i mentioned, theres already work to port honeycomb on it and it basically runs the exact same hardware as the Verizon HTC EVO 3D, and other Snapdragon S3 products that already has android on it.

hardware is dualcore cortex a8 at 1.2-1.5ghz, 1GB DDR2 RAM and adreno 220 graphics. it also has capacitive touchscreen made with IPS panels. spec wise, its on par with iPad2 with a little weaker GPU.

oh sorry, i should clarify. android OS is currently split into systems designed for tablets and smartphones.

smartphones:
android 2.2 = froyo
android 2.3 = gingerbread (newest build for smartphones)

tablets:
android 3.x = honeycomb

eventually both programs will merge and become just one OS for everything, but currently its gingerbread for phones and honeycomb for tablets.

Just saw another tv ad for the hp touchpad $399. You'd think they would swap that ad with another product. Plus why drop the price of just the tablets why not other hardware?

Back