HP TouchPad for $99/$150 for 16GB/32GB

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

matt, they did but there's a catch. you have to purchase a qualifying HP desktop or laptop in order to purchase the 32GB model for $150. im not sure if they even sell the tablet sans computer.

anyway, keep an eye on the xda xronified thread. it seems like the builds are coming in bi-weekly and more devs are jumping on it than CM's own build.

i went from using my tablet once a month with webOS on it to at least twice a week with android on it. webOS is great, but it feels too slow for me and the apps arent that great.

it depends on your needs. in general, i only recommend a tablet as a secondary or even tertiary machine. as far as the hp tablet it goes, with the xronified mod, it does everything a regular android tablet does except anything having to do with the camera. its still crappy and buggy.

i myself like lots of power and real-estate. cant wait to upgrade to ivy bridges w/ssd love and dual 24inch monitors.

It's been a great month for TP owners so far.

First, Android 4.X Ice Cream Sandwich got ported to the TP. Even though it is alpha, it's much smoother and better than the Android 2.3.X Gingerbread port. Cyanogemod dev gave an ETA of Feb or March for release candidate build. The only real downside to the alpha right now is, no camera, no HD streaming and WiFi is sporadic if you have a crappy router.

CyanogenMod - RootzWiki

Second, for those holding out on accessories, Office Depot is clearancing out their inventory. I scored a touchstone wireless charger and portfolio case for $20 and $10, respectively.

HP Touchpad Touchstone $21 (clearance) Office Depot B&M YMMV - Slickdeals.net

Lastly, webOS got an update to 3.0.5

http://www.slashgear.com/hp-touchpad-gets-updated-to-webos-3-0-5-12209011/

Back