The NX, so far

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Quoted post[/post]]
1st gen Eclipse/Laser/Talon...not very reliable out of the box, but they're quick

88-89 Colt/Mirage turbo...rare, but again, quick

87-89 Corolla FX16...even better if you find a GTS

88-89 Mazda 323 GTX...turbo AWD hatch, enough said

87-89 Celica Alltrac....seem to be coming down in prices/geting easier to find

86+ Starion/Conquest...turbo RWD

1st gen 200SX...RWD turbo 4 banger or the later SE V6

1st gen CRX Si
DSM..... HA HA HA! I have worked on to many to even think about that.

mirage turbo... kinda the same boat.... except a WHOLE lot uglier.

Corolla GTS..... I really have yet to find out what people see in these cars. SERIOUSLY I have owned an sr5 and a gts..... if you want to put slow in to context.... here is your comparison.

323 gtx.... this has actually crossed my mind a few times, but I never seem to be able to find one that hasnt been completely abused.

celica alltrac...... the only real celicas are RWD.

starions..... if I wasnt so worried about it randomly bursting into flames with me driving down the road... I would be more inclined to buy one.

200sx.... I might end up doing this if I dont find something else, there is one for sale around me for really cheap, but it has some serious rust issues.

1st gen crx... is that a joke.... I cant detect sarcasm via the internet, btu I would hope you are being sarcastic.

basically right now its 240sx or 1st gen MR2 SC.

Quoted post[/post]]
Corolla GTS..... I really have yet to find out what people see in these cars. SERIOUSLY I have owned an sr5 and a gts..... if you want to put slow in to context.... here is your comparison.

323 gtx.... this has actually crossed my mind a few times, but I never seem to be able to find one that hasnt been completely abused.

celica alltrac...... the only real celicas are RWD.

starions..... if I wasnt so worried about it randomly bursting into flames with me driving down the road... I would be more inclined to buy one.

200sx.... I might end up doing this if I dont find something else, there is one for sale around me for really cheap, but it has some serious rust issues.

1st gen crx... is that a joke.... I cant detect sarcasm via the internet, btu I would hope you are being sarcastic.

basically right now its 240sx or 1st gen MR2 SC.

You're right about the Starion thing. Rolling Zippos alright they are.
Celica GT4s, in JDM trim are nasty little ball lickers.
323 GTXs are impossible to find. Give up.
1st Gen CRX - You're a goddam heretic.
Corolla GT-S - the only model you're going to find the performance in is the 4AGZE 1989 trim levels. again, very rare. Then again, they never touted that car to be the performance car that the Celica was or the Supra. IT was an overflow car, that had no real purpose All Corollas are like that.. they are just made to be made)

Theres no SR5 Corolla FX...I'm talking about the hatchbacks, not the pop-up headlight AE92's

Also, I've got a 1st gen CRX and an 87 D16A1 teg swap..grand total for both - $200....will it be fast?.....fuckin a

Quoted post[/post]]
Theres no SR5 Corolla FX...I'm talking about the hatchbacks, not the pop-up headlight AE92's

Also, I've got a 1st gen CRX and an 87 D16A1 teg swap..grand total for both - $200....will it be fast?.....fuckin a

You're doing another car ? PICS

its in my "garage"

I bought it in November...86 Si, 114k, mint interior, $100 - drove it home from western Mass

It up in NH (storage) til spring, then it comes back for the swap

mypicz197.jpg

mypicz198.jpg

mypicz199.jpg

mypicz202.jpg

mypicz201.jpg

mypicz200.jpg

I will give you this, That is BY FAR the cleanest car i have ever seen...... for $100

yeah, I was surprised myself...the guy just wanted to get it out of the yard.

he had 2 GVR4's (1 was rally prepped), a GSR, an EG coupe, and a Crown Vic in the yard

Nice guy..it had a small fuel leak which I fixed in the driveway before I took it, he stood out in the rain and held the umbrella for me

nah, I actually got some fuel line and couple hose clamps

hasn't leaked since

Mustang = Told them to go fuck themselves. They baited and switched, I walked out.

I haven't time for that petty horseshit.

It so happened that the "Amount you'll need to save this deal" was the maximum downpayment to the penny, something I told them yesterday I wasn't going to do.

Word to salesmen everywhere: I may look like a teenager, but I'm not fooled into playing the game by a shiny black car. Mustangs are everywhere.

Been there, done that.

Tonight I went to another Ford dealership and I DRAGGED THEM THROUGH THE MUD. I got the same listed Mustang, with interior upgrade (including leather) and Sports appearance (Wing and stickers.. blech) for Factory invoice.

And then I walked out.

I looked at it, and I said ... "Man... It's gotta be better". I blew like 2 hours of his time. It turns out the one he found for me was at the FIRST dealer, and he would have to buy it from them. Now, taking this figure, I'm going back to the first dealer to show them the amount they'll lose (The other dealer pays invoice flat out). The second dealer needs the sale to increase their sales records, and the first is the top in the area. I was also offered a Yankee Edition convertible (Yankee striped... ok) for that list to get it out of their showroom. Which means if anyone wants a Convertible V6, come to town and get one for $6000+ lower than retail.

To do all of this, I brought my Muslim / Turkish friend with me. He's an animal with these car salesmen. He's awesome. I'm bringing him with me whenever I need to do this. He wants to go to the first people tomorrow and try to save the first one. The goal tonight was Invoice, and tomorrow is going to be below invoice. I never thought it could happen, but the dude is a magician. I'm taking notes of this cat.

Back