The NX, so far

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I see another 40-50lbs of stuff to come outta there.

Get all of that stuff out of there and get some pics or the rust and the fixing things. As well as some shots of the floors and the rear 1/4 pannels

Yeah, I think the dash may be coming out. I have to remove the Airbag shit at some point, and during that time I'll hit it with some rattlecan black, and check for rust.

The a-pillar is rotted. Tubal blockage ?

Quoted post[/post]]
Yeah, I think the dash may be coming out. I have to remove the Airbag shit at some point, and during that time I'll hit it with some rattlecan black, and check for rust.

The a-pillar is rotted. Tubal blockage ?
Comes from the factory blocked or atleast I havent seen one that isnt. A good way to tell how it happened is by checking the seals on the topd ends of the tubes.

other than that I would just expect it to be rotten because its a nissan..... with t-tops.

You never explained why you didn't like Turboed NXs. I'm interested to know why.

I dont believe that Nx's should be turboed mainly because I dont like straight line cars. Turbos are a pain to get used to even when properly sized. They add weight and take up more space. They also provide more things to break and at such higher costs to repair.

I think that all of the nissans REALLY need to be made for what they are, scca competitors at best. They have such short gearing that in order for the real use of HP to exist it you have to either start upping your tire size, or get a different diff.

all things aside I still enjoy a good turbo car, and for the quickness they are great. Just for the type of spirited driving that I do I would never see anything over 130mph and in the pulsar I was already way faster than everything else with me. I went for a very nice LOOONG drive today and the only 2 people infront of me on our journey were a 300zx and s2000. Its just how it goes.

I am an allmotor type of guy, turbos are fun, but real driving for me is how controlled I can get the car.

motor>boost.

That raises another open question: since I have to replace the 5th gear anyway, is there a chance I can toss a higher 5th in there ?

-> Steve

Grrrr

You're right about the turbo thing though.. With this trans it's waste of time.

Shit shit shit shit man. that sucks. Now I'm doubting the whole project. It won't replace my Civic when my Civic is kicking it's ass on the highway.

Still interested in a truck full of parts ? I have everything for that car now :)

LOL. after beating the crap out of my nissan this weekend and understanding that I am now past the point of where any type of money I have with these cars will take me, I HAVE to buy a much faster and much better handling car.

You want it ?

I'm pretty serious. The rear glass hasn't come out yet, and it lacks that stress crack in the corner so it's all good.
I may finish it up with black paint, reassemble it, and try to turn it out for some bucks. Other than that, I remember saying "God, I loved my NX2000, but it was geared so retarded high on the highway that it killed me. I figured there should be SOME transmission swap available.

there have to be other sr20 fwd trannies with better gears...

That's what I'm thinking ... A G20 / Primera transmission or somethin'. I'd rather have the tall gears than the LSD, when it comes down to it.

-> Steve

Back