The Official "Help Cel pick a car" Thread

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Silver. Apparently, mine looks just like Silverchild's 330CI. which I just found out he owned last night.

Everything is go - I pick it up Tuesday. Could pick it up monday, but I have work to do all day. It's gonna be a LONG weekend.

Very good. After buying my Insight, I wish I would have traveled south to find a clean 92 or 93 Accord. Or EF sedan. The 90's win.

This thing is so neat.. but I regard each and every option as "This is going to break. Soon. And costly."

The headlights are the auto headlights that move all over the place and swivel around corners. I can only imagine what that's going to cost when the servos shit the bed. (I don't HAVE to use it.)

Now I'm about to find out if it has the same power steering pump as the Mini Cooper. I'll start looking for a young priest and an old priest now. The adaptive taillights ? Yeah, I can see that going south in a jiffy too. Plus, while the body is completely rust free - the previous owner lived on the Milford CT beach. The aluminum bits are all cruddy, so I expect similar tales in the wiring. The Cruise Control switch is a bit muddy and difficult to talk into engagement.

And the owner's manual is almost comical. It suggests, basically, that if things get too confusing just visit the dealer and they will do it for you. Apparently I can tell the computer how tall I am to get the parking side mirror correct ? Haven't even begun my research in that department.

Oh, and the seats are mint. Like, almost unused. But I also find that the car has dual power seats, but a completely deleted lumbar function. No lumbar controls at all. Seat heat works, but no other adjustments. I'm thinking that perhaps (I dunno) the seat back was simply replaced instead of the leather being repaired. All just guesses at this point though.

But all in all, I love this fuckin car. It's the nicest vehicle I've ever owned. It does everything superbly. I even think I'm digging the gearing. At 70mph on a CT highway the consumption gauge never gets below 20mpg. Most of the time hangs out just a hair below 50. Might need a calibration, but I'll find out soon enough.

Considering you've never owned anything made in the past 25 years previously.... lol

enjoy it.

Yes, One of the first cars (My outside of my wife's car) that hasn't advertised the presence of "Power Steering" with a badge on the steering wheel.

Airbags. Never ever have I ever.

Congratulations. Pics. Now.

Celerity in a Beemer seems hilarious to me.

Congratulations. Pics. Now.

Celerity in a Beemer seems hilarious to me.

I actually need a haircut. I look stupid in this car.

Haven't actually taken pics yet. When I return to my palatial estate, Shotgun Manor, I'll line it up for some pretties.

The car doesn't go well with certain devices. position is totally comfortable, even with a revolver in an OWB holster.

Last edited by a moderator:
These are important details.

So Actually went home today. This week was the longest week out on the road since moving. So I rocked out with it on 84 through NY. It doesn't care if I'm doing 60 or 110. Doesn't care.

I think I'm a BMW guy now. I can never go back.

Last edited:
I finally figured out my rear view mirror. Apparently that dark oval in the middle is NOT supposed to be there. The mirror has "broken", and no longer tints.

With my eyes, night driving is a real issue now. But what's worse is that apparently this $500 mirror is full of ACID and next is expected to leak out onto my dash and interior, causing irreparable damages.\

Order placed on Ebay for a standard, manual mirror.

As far as becoming a BMW owner, look at what owning these cars can do to you:

Rear view mirror adjustment - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Yes. You read that right.

Back