thinking about trading down...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

That Hyundai is a sexy car... I'd hit it.

Congrats!

I drive by the Hyundai HQ almost everyday and they have the coupe on display for the whole 405 fwy to see while stuck in traffic... lol I saw one on the road (obviously on the way to the HQ) and it's definitely one wicked car.

Have you seen the HKS version? Seeeeexy!
leghump.gif

hks_2010_hyundai_genesis_coupe_1.jpg

100k/10yr warranty. Beat the snot out of that engine and call it break-in.

Thats a gamble I wouldn't take. A brand new motor has little imperfections here and there, tiny chips of metal, casting bits, machining bits, bits of seals, etc that wear off quickly during break in.. Those float around and Ideally get cought in the filter.. But then there are those that float around in your oil.. Little microscopic bastards, that get pushed back through the system and put little tiny scratches all over your crank bearings, cams, etc.. Ideally, you should change your oil after the first 500 miles, just to get all the loose junk out. Most people don't do that, and most people come out fine. But I wouldn't try it. I certainly wouldn't do 12,000 miles.

Mercedes are built for those kind of oil change routines...i didn't need ot change mine until 13,000 on my Benz

B thats a fucking Sexy car man....I wonder how that 2.0T compares to Audi's 2.0T. You won't even need a turbo upgade once they come out with a Software Tune for that car....The Audi 2.0T's are picking up 65-80hp and 100+ lbs of tq with the APR tune and bigger injectors and exhaust...

when can i come drive it

dont forget kids...

4b11t is the same motor that is in the evoX. i would imagine most of the stuff for tuning would work on the genesis.

nah, its the "world motor". its going to go into alot of stuff from asia/japan.

SRT is a 2.4L, i think it MIGHT be a worked 4g64 but i could be wrong.

Looks like cars are finally being constructed in the same method as computers

its NOT the 4b11t. it's the 4b11 from the raliart.

umm actually its the same thing, with subtle changes. ecu tuning, injectors, turbo, etc etc but the general composition of the motor is identical.

ralli///art owners upgrade to evo bits and bam you basically have a budget evo.

as with all mitsu motor monikers, the ralliart IS turbocharged aka 4b11t . just like your genesis. dealers dont designate the engine the same way, even on the DSMs the window sticker says 2.0L dual over head cam turbocharged motor, but on the block it is 4g63t. on the evo and ralli///art it says the same as above execpt add (Mitsubishi Innovative Valve timing Electronic Control system). the blocks on both vehicles say 4b11t .

Last edited:
Back