2014 Veloster Turbo

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Is that how it works? Full coilovers would put you in a different class than shock/spring combo?

yes because you are changing the position of the perches and the hat types.

konis use the stock perch height and stock hat type. also can't change springs in stock class unless it's an update or backdate for the same year. ie. me moving to the marginally stiffer rspec springs.

Todays fun. Needed pads, and ebrake was loose. Thought I would tackle the good side first. Still have to do the other side.

B9E1A930-5296-4FCF-9CDD-F3107054E6B3.jpeg
CB51481A-6D10-4937-A35D-F656F7E8C523.jpeg
52C587D7-BFE4-4ECE-A597-9E56DA1379C2.jpeg

Dealer booking a month out but needed an oil change. It was $2 more doing it myself and remembered why I don’t change oil. Small mess cleaned up nice but the filter was barely tight and there was some seepage underneath. Cleaned that up too. I was considering the engine was finally consuming oil when I had to add a little bit it’s certainly not burning it.

967C27BD-17AD-402A-9857-7CCA32656E6D.jpeg

Just curious...do you have any issues getting your car jacked up? I ended up having to buy one of those low rider floor jacks. I'm for sure a little lower than you, but still, just wondering.

Nah I have the larger of the Pittsburgh jacks don’t need to do anything funny to get it in the air.

also i can just drive right on those ramps right there. it isn't that low i probably have 6 inches of ground clearance on the front bumper. the tow hitch is lower.

also i can just drive right on those ramps right there. it isn't that low i probably have 6 inches of ground clearance on the front bumper. the tow hitch is lower.

Ah, okay. I have plastic "race ramps" that I used to use on the RSX before I got a lowrider jack. They're really just to assist in getting a regular jack under it though.

I'm going to be doing a suspension overaul soon and I think I may raise it up a tiny bit to help with ground clearance. I've got Progress coilovers to replace the entry-level Teins I've been rolling on, which are surprisingly shitty given the name associated.

Other photos, snow tires so I can get a sticker. The exhaust still needs to get fixed.

E20376D3-8904-485E-B752-95861AD191D6.jpeg
8375B29F-F5CE-4861-8485-21F2E47162FA.jpeg
7060A754-B0D1-4A67-8DDC-403991C08FBF.jpeg

Better inspection on a lift trying to get that work done and the rest of the pipes are marginally better. Ouch.

brake pads now.... redstuff were pretty good but even with new calipers and lots of greasings the front drivers side is almost metal to metal while the passenger side has about 40% life left.

should have them on friday morning in hopes to get a sticker :) and AX at foxwoods on sunday.

foxwoods was cancelled due to nimbys in norwich, our next event is in 2 weeks....... then a track day the weekend after. i won't be driving that day but i will be flagging.

finally got a sticker, lol now i can put the bald stickies back on!

loving the borla!

Back