Andrew's engine swap (pics)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lets see that motor in your car now damnit!! do it, do eeiiit!

I'm at school.. (so much for learning about turbojets)
I'll be home in about 1/2 an hour, and will get to work.
It'll be in and hopefully running today!

Yep. I picked up some BKR6IEX's yesterday(GSR plugs).

I just got home, so I'll begin! Updates later

i dont see how the hell you spent $3600 on this.. for that you coulda dropped a JDM GSR in there.. but awesome none the less..

Yeah, but that doesn't include the cost of mounts, shift linkage, axles, ECU, and all the other nickle and dime shit that would make a GSR swap WAY more expensive.

Yeah, but that doesn't include the cost of mounts, shift linkage, axles, ECU, and all the other nickle and dime shit that would make a GSR swap WAY more expensive.
you're not allowed to have an oppinion on this... your "swap" would be easier if you simply built a tube frame and bolted 78cvcc body panels to it
all those -40 degree days made you lose your damn mind

about $3200-$3300 for complete change-over not including mounts.. i thinks its totally doable with $3600

but more props to Andrew for having a built SOHC that'll run with b-series VTECs

you're not allowed to have an oppinion on this... your "swap" would be easier if you simply built a tube frame and bolted 78cvcc body panels to it
all those -40 degree days made you lose your damn mind

Eh, It was lost a long time ago. And like the sig says, I don't know shit about Hondas. But I am inadvertantly preferential to the D series, so I applaude Andrew for this killer project :thumbsup:

Shop and warranty :D

And :yes: pretty much any good shop will warranty their stuff, at least for a little while.

IT RUNS!

Fired it up tonight, but it's not idling. at all. I can hold it steady at 1,000rpm and even lower, and it's great!, but it dies when I let off the throttle.
Steadily throwing code 10 (IAT). It's plugged in, but who knows... just takes time to tweak the kinks out.
Pics and Vids(god it'll take a while for these) on the way! (uploading)

And as far as the engine sounds... it sounds like a $3600 motor should sound like. revs up like a freaking F1 car(thanks to the light flywheel), and sounds badass with the stage 2 cam!
I've got to say. All this work-up about KMS's garbage has pretty much gone away. I'm just happy to hear it run, and not have any valve chatter or anything. It's runs BEA-utifully.

Abel(Taco15) in motion!
DSCN1991.jpg

My buddy Eli in the red beany, my brother in law, Mac_24_Seven in the Michigan hat, and Abel bolting stuff in.
DSCN1992.jpg

I even dared to get my hands dirty!
DSCN1993.jpg

DSCN1994.jpg

After a bit of tuggin
DSCN1995.jpg

DSCN1996.jpg

DSCN1997.jpg

DSCN1998.jpg

DSCN1999.jpg

DSCN2000.jpg

I'll snap a better "final" picture tomorrow. We're all pretty wiped.
Videos are gonna kick my butt. I'll eventually get the good ones uploaded. ;)

Enjoy!
-Andrew

Back