Anyone Selling a computer?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

reckedracing

TTIWWOP
VIP
so here's the deal
my old man was running my old AMD K6 450 or 460
with a 30 gig HD, 96 memory, CDRW, etc

i think the mother board finally completely took a shit, or something else is wrong that i don;t have the time to figure out...
so i need to get him a computer...

pricewatch.com has towers for less than 200 with OS

if anyone wants to sell one of their older towers please PM me, or post here

or else maybe just vote on what i should be looking for in a tower

he needs nothing special, but i have been out of hardware for a while so have no idea on whats good anymore

there's pentium, celeron, and athlon, and sempron

never heard of the last one

i just looked at B's thread about windows and he's got the sempron 2500

1.74 ghz with 1.25 gb of RAM

good lord thats one hell of a machine

when i went away to school i had a 133mhz with a 30 gig limited to 3gb's
it was awful but downloaded mp3's and wrote papers/emails

i can make u something...if youre in for that

lol- my machine sucks. its not fast at all, and my processor isn't over-clocked at all... its just running straight out of the factory.
i just fed it a lot of ram and hope for the best. lol

lol, define make me something

first priority is price, old man doesn't have that much $$$, and he doesn't need anything more than a highly glorified typewriter with a modem...

second priority would be an OS cause i'm sure he lost all his disks and the only thing i have left is sp2 from my job...

let me get some quality time with newegg and ill get back to you with a system and price around 930 CST.

Honda Swap Cheapo Computer

okay, thats a full working system (minus keyboard mouse speakers and monitor)

The processor is 64bit compliant and upgradable (with an upgrade card), the memory is upgradeable, so are graphics, hard drives, sound. all that good stuff. if he needs a modem its gonna cost 10-15 bucks, and i can add it on. Some of the bigger computer gurus might be worried about the motherboard and the manufacturer, but it is a sub company of ASUS, and i have been using their boards for all of my low budget customers.

the only problem i have ever had with anyone's computer i built was the hard drive crashing. nothing could be done, it was defective. We RMA'd it and got a new one in a few days. The OS will be extra, or you will have to provide it. other than that, i cant think of anything else.

for a honda swap guy, ill charge you cost over paypal if you are interested.

ive got a 2.2ghz p4 toshiba satellite a169 with 256mb ram, 40gb hdd, wireless and etc... $500... everything works, cdrw+dvdrom. its got 10/100 and modem.

seriously.. chris, what size display? Bill might want that if recked doesn't

wow, that laptop is a real good deal, i don't need it and its way too much for my old man...
way too much computer for him, but god damn thats a good deal...

i'm gonna pass on the laptop, and i'm scouting pricewatch.com now for a full tower for under 2 bills...

i'll get back to you reikoshea

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?sk...mprd43000050002

i;m gonna tell him to get this, can't beat it for 300 bucks after rebate

eMachines 3100+ Desktop with 17" Flat-Screen CRT Monitor & Inkjet Printer

Tackle projects and tasks for home, work and school or just for fun with the 64-bit processor, DVD-ROM/CD-RW drive and 8-in-1 media manager. Plus, save a total of $330 after instant and mail-in rebates.

Quick-loading AMD Sempronâ„¢ processor 3100+ with 256MB PC3200 DDR SDRAM; 100GB hard drive
Eye-friendly eView 17" flat-screen CRT monitor with nonglare coating
Jetprinter delivers sharp photo-quality resolution and borderless printing
Save $330! (Reg. price $629.97 - $30 instant rebate = $599.97 - $150 Best Buy mail-in rebate - $50 mail-in rebate - $50 mail-in rebate - $30 Best Buy mail-in rebate - $20 Best Buy mail-in rebate = $299.97 final price)

those rebates can fuck you pretty good, so be careful.

and e-machines really suck ass... if that motherboard lasts more than a year, i'll be impressed....

stopping and starting it is probably worse than just leaving it on all the time

Back