B20b son!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

iluvemyegg

i went from a B16A to a B20B more pics soon just testing the water

Attachments

• IMAG0393.jpg
    IMAG0393.jpg
    822.3 KB · Views: 3,821
  • IMAG0390.jpg
    IMAG0390.jpg
    742.7 KB · Views: 1,116
  • IMAG0388.jpg
    IMAG0388.jpg
    488.7 KB · Views: 637
  • IMAG0394.jpg
    IMAG0394.jpg
    621.7 KB · Views: 481
just got it running, lol ITB and vtec soon with toda vtec killer cams

why would you go through the trouble and expense of a VTEC conversion only to put VTEC killer cams in it???

that makes about as much sense as doing an AWD conversion and disabling the center diff

sweet downgrade... lol

Having driven both in the same car, I wouldn't necessarily call it a "downgrade", it definitely has more usable power, but once it gets it's vtec head it will be better :).

E said:
why would you go through the trouble and expense of a VTEC conversion only to put VTEC killer cams in it???

that makes about as much sense as doing an AWD conversion and disabling the center diff

That's what I told him. Just build that head if he has to, or go vtec, no need to go vtec, then remove ...vtec.

Additional pics of the swap and one of the old B16 with red valve cover...

Attachments

• IMAG0066.jpg
    IMAG0066.jpg
    549 KB · Views: 465
  • IMAG0062.jpg
    IMAG0062.jpg
    592.2 KB · Views: 426
  • IMAG0063.jpg
    IMAG0063.jpg
    556.1 KB · Views: 435
  • IMAG0065.jpg
    IMAG0065.jpg
    613 KB · Views: 416
  • IMAG0150.jpg
    IMAG0150.jpg
    661.8 KB · Views: 445
Last edited by a moderator:
I moved some pics over from your other thread that I locked. You should just keep updating this one, so that way all your progress pics are in the same place and easy to find, and the boards are less cluttered.

Thank you for your cooperation... :D

I just had very good results with my B18B that had 11:0.1 comp and stage 2 Brian Crower cams and valve-train.

Im actually selling the cams and vtrain if youre interested? Cost you less than a vtec head and if you go ITBS and high comp it would really romp. I dont think you need 13 comp, I would get it to at least 11+.

P8R head would help that a lot too, the head flow is the bottle neck on the motor and this head has almost the same CFM as a vtec head.

The more I dug into the non vtec motor the more I saw better bang for the buck/driveability. I had to rev the shit out of my vtec motor road racing to be in the right power band exiting turns.

Before anyone jumps down my shit, I have had an ls/vtec, B18C with ~200whp, and this B18B.

It was honestly the best track motor I have built.

Last edited:
does toda make cams for non-vtec? i havent seen them, but i could be wrong. but if the only offer the killer cams for B16/B18c etc. then i have to do the conversion. to have those cams. and besides noone make parts for B18/20 heads.

why are you dead set on getting those cams.. spend money on vtec head, spend more money on vtec killer cams.. whats the point of adding vtec if you're just going to take it away.. save the money you plan on dropping on a vtec head and buy a short geared tranny (ie: b16/itr, gsr.. anything other than a LS tranny) and some crower cams for an LS

does toda make cams for non-vtec? i havent seen them, but i could be wrong. but if the only offer the killer cams for B16/B18c etc. then i have to do the conversion. to have those cams. and besides noone make parts for B18/20 heads.

Are you posting from work? Don't you have some carb's to rebuild, and an ECU to sell? :p

"VTEC killer" means you get RID of VTEC and only run one cam profile, not that the cams are "killer awesome" or something like that. There's no point in swapping to a VTEC head and then disabling it.

That's like buying a monster box of condoms and then going to a brothel and not using them while catching every STD in the joint.

"VTEC killer" means you get RID of VTEC and only run one cam profile, not that the cams are "killer awesome" or something like that. There's no point in swapping to a VTEC head and then disabling it.

That's like buying a monster box of condoms and then going to a brothel and not using them while catching every STD in the joint.

but V-tec killer cams sound so boss :cool:

lol, i wasnt thinking, i really just wanna use my itr valve cover. but i guess ill just sale it lol, im acting like a noob who built a B18B with over 600hp ( it only lasted two pulls, vacuum line came off and boost spiked at like 40psi and blew the turbo and chunks of turbo ended up in the motor and put some holes in the block. or thats what they told me atleast ) o well ill figure it all out, maybe ill just put a damn 4G63 in it with a big 16G turbo and DSM link and tune on e85 and call it a day.

lol, i wasnt thinking, i really just wanna use my itr valve cover. but i guess ill just sale it lol, im acting like a noob who built a B18B with over 600hp ( it only lasted two pulls, vacuum line came off and boost spiked at like 40psi and blew the turbo and chunks of turbo ended up in the motor and put some holes in the block. or thats what they told me atleast ) o well ill figure it all out, maybe ill just put a damn 4G63 in it with a big 16G turbo and DSM link and tune on e85 and call it a day.

That's it, I comin' to slap you.

Write "VTEC" on it in silver sharpie.

Back