Brad's CRX Build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

My dad likes his 4 door and I won't want the fat fives, so that fell apart.

My dad and I were trying to find a power sucker on the 4 door so we checked the timing it was a bit off but not bad. Then while we were there we checked the timing belt. Rubber dust everywhere inside and its loose as a motherfucker, its the OEM blue belt too. Everything is apart and were getting new timing belt, water pump, spark plugs, dizzy cap & rotor (cap is cracked), and other matenance parts. My dad is commuting in my CRX for a couple of days. :( :)

My Dad "stole" my Camaro all the time when I was 15. I bought it with my own money, but it was in his name. just think of it as keeping the CRX fresh.

My Dad "stole" my Camaro all the time when I was 15. I bought it with my own money, but it was in his name. just think of it as keeping the CRX fresh.
Same thing, its in his name to save me insurance money. I can guarntee there will be no carbon build up in there when he's done. When he commuted in the hatch with my Z6 head that thing was clean in the chamber.

I've decided I like GSR Blades the best, LS Meshes second.

Meshies>fat fives>blades on the EF.
Blades>Webs>Fat Fives. I can just see polished GSR Blades with 205/45/15's on them. :drool:

So we got the 4 door back togther. Went to set the timing on the dizzy and stripped the top bolt. Cut that off then we found the power eater...the dizzy was frozen! We can't rotate it by hand! We put a spare, new B2 dizzy in but the timing is still off one tooth. Oh yeah, the spark plugs were so far done its silly. I'll have it singing by tomorrow.

My dad is commuting in my Rex for one more day.:( He said the mid to top end power is much better from the Y8 mani vs. A6...he proved it by beating a Grand Am GTP or something. :) And he said the suspension/tires set up is dangerous. Its stiff but in corners if you hit bumps it skips of the road.

Last edited:
Ya when we came off the highway onto that road with the gas station we hit it at around 90 and the car bounced from the bumps and we drifted a bit

$500 for fat fives with haggard tires? That guy must have been high out of his mind. They go for $150-200 without tires here, and you can pick up a set of new tires for what he was asking.

Anyway, my vote goes for a turbo single slammer in the 'Rex. That'd be pretty nasty.

It usually is on, I think it's in spring isn't it? If so, you'll find me there.

What exactly are you looking for anyway?

It usually is on, I think it's in spring isn't it? If so, you'll find me there.

What exactly are you looking for anyway?
Last year it was on April 4th. I'm practically looking for whatever comes up first. Either blades or Webs. AI'd be happy with either.

And yes, I've been scanning Seattle Craigslist a lot. :)

Still can't get the missfire out of the 4 door. We've changed out the igniter, coil, cap for good working ones. I was thinking of checking the pick-ups. It idles perfect but from 1500-2000 RPM it runs like shit, but hey it doesn't crap out at 3.5k anymore!

My dad doesn't want to stop driving my car, he hit 120 mph today and I told him to do that in the S2K.

I was gonna say that your dad is gonna grenade the engine. I went to look up pics to accompany the comment and found this...
newsig-3.jpg

:eek:oDoes it have anything to do with your CRX? No. Do I care? NO!!!:eek:o

I was gonna say that your dad is gonna grenade the engine. I went to look up pics to accompany the comment and found this...
newsig-3.jpg

:eek:oDoes it have anything to do with your CRX? No. Do I care? NO!!!:eek:o
Idk, it runs strong.

And thoes turbos don't appear to be hooked up.

Last year it was on April 4th. I'm practically looking for whatever comes up first. Either blades or Webs. AI'd be happy with either.

And yes, I've been scanning Seattle Craigslist a lot. :)

Still can't get the missfire out of the 4 door. We've changed out the igniter, coil, cap for good working ones. I was thinking of checking the pick-ups. It idles perfect but from 1500-2000 RPM it runs like shit, but hey it doesn't crap out at 3.5k anymore!

My dad doesn't want to stop driving my car, he hit 120 mph today and I told him to do that in the S2K.

Yeah I'll be there for sure then. I want to get to some meets and stuff now that I have my car where I want it.

I'll keep my eyes peeled for a set. There actually is a set of LS webs at a wrecking yard up north. I can't remember the price tag on em, but they come with tires and needing a little work. They've been there forever. I'll check on em next time I'm up there.

Yeah I'll be there for sure then. I want to get to some meets and stuff now that I have my car where I want it.

I'll keep my eyes peeled for a set. There actually is a set of LS webs at a wrecking yard up north. I can't remember the price tag on em, but they come with tires and needing a little work. They've been there forever. I'll check on em next time I'm up there.

That would really be cool of you! Dont go out of your way or anything. And I wouldn't mint a set to work on over the winter.

The meet would be cool but my CRX isn't anything special. Everyone is turbo or K20 from seeing the video from last year.

Back