Brad's CRX Build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Oh I thought you meant you and your motor came into the world at the same time.

Oh I thought you meant you and your motor came into the world at the same time.
That would be unreal but I still find it a bit weird. Another weird fact was that I just bought and installed a transmission for a family in financial need and in need of a vehicle and a couple days later I find this deal. Good carma. :)
Yes, the ls flywheel and clutch will transfer. Looking good. I just spent the last hour skimming your thread. Nice work so far. Will keep an eye out.
Thanks man ! I have definately grown and learned TONS about cars playing with these things.

That would be unreal but I still find it a bit weird. Another weird fact was that I just bought and installed a transmission for a family in financial need and in need of a vehicle and a couple days later I find this deal. Good carma. :)

Thanks man ! I have definately grown and learned TONS about cars playing with these things.
That's exactly what it is - Karma returning to you.

Back in November 2009 I was flying home from Atlanta on a business trip. The guy I sat beside was a real kind gentlemen. He treated the flight attendants with reverance and lots of courtesy. I knew right away he was a "Road Warrior" or seasoned traveler. He lived in California and expected to arrive home around 6pm PST. That was if his layover in DFW wasn't delayed and the weather was bad.

He mentioned his wife would be unhappy if he was late getting home, as they had dinner plans that Friday night. We also discussed that we were both cigar fans. I opened the overhead bin and pulled out two cigars left over from my trip. Don Peppin "My Father" - they are pretty decent smokes. I told him, if delayed at DFW that they would help take the edge off things. He graciously took them.

About 1/2 hour later in the flight he asked me for my address in Fort Worth and said he would like to send me some Cuban cigars.

I said sure. December 19th came and this arrived at my door on day.

Havana%27s%201.JPG

A year later, I'm on a business trip in El Segundo, California not too far from where the gentleman that sent me the Havana's lives and works. While outside smoking one night at the Hotel, the security guard walked up and we started talking. He noticed I was smoking a Havana and was drooling. The guy was working 2 jobs to make ends meet and living with his 10 year old daughter. I told him that was the last one I brought with me and if I had any extras I would have given him one.

I then told him the story about Michael #1 that I had met on the flight from Atlanta and the Havana's he sent to me. Then I told him it was time for me to pass that act of kindness on and he was the recipient.

These will ship out today. 2x Romeo Y Julieta Belicoso, 2x San Cristobal La Fuerza de La Habana and 2x San Cristobal La Punta de La Habana.

havana%27s%202.JPG

Last edited:
Hahaha ! Thats epic. :) I love that kind of stuff. :D

So I got my dizzy sold and $200 toward the B16 one. Anyone know of a good seller for a new OBD1 TD-44 dizzy?

Last edited:
hm.... wondering why i havnt subscribed to this yet.

but, before you go slamming around in that bad ass of a deal b16 you got, as soon as you get it in the car and starter hooked up, do a compression test.
while its out of the car, you should have a leak down test done.

this way, you know for sure before you get it out on the road, that its going to do what it needs to and just a little more peace of mind.
i'm assuming you have already turned to crank a bit to ensure that its not locked up.

hm.... wondering why i havnt subscribed to this yet.

but, before you go slamming around in that bad ass of a deal b16 you got, as soon as you get it in the car and starter hooked up, do a compression test.
while its out of the car, you should have a leak down test done.

this way, you know for sure before you get it out on the road, that its going to do what it needs to and just a little more peace of mind.
i'm assuming you have already turned to crank a bit to ensure that its not locked up.
Yeah I plan to compression test her after the first warm-up. Always do.

Yeah I've turned over with a 3/8 drive ratchet ( not much leverage ) but I felt every compression stroke and they all felt pretty strong and even. The timing belt is nice and tight, and on perfect TDC which is good too.

The flywheel and clutch set-up was pretty fresh on the LS, but it always felt great anyway, and it was identical to the B16 clutch set-up that came with it. So its all been transfered over to the B16 aswell as the tranny. Except the intermediate shaft bearing is on its way out. :(

Gonna order an upper rad hose for a 92-93 GSR, new heater hose, and new NGK plugs through work today. :)

nice work, i have no clue on the distributor.. i didnt know any honda distributors were difficult to find lol

Haha well I sent an email to Distributor Kings and should get an answer back on Monday. If they don`t stock the TD-44U anymore then I`ll buy an OBDII GSR dizzy and change the plugs.

The dirty package. Need to invest in some cleaner soon.

100_11752.jpg

The first thing I tucked, sort of. Just starting small and planning the rest of the wiring.

100_11782.jpg

Everything left. 13 wires for the body harness and another 10 ish left for the fuse box tuck and batter re-locate.

100_1179.jpg

The begenning of the body harness tuck.

100_11802.jpg

You always do a great job on everything... just make sure no wires are gonna rub and ark out!

Keep the pics coming :)

New '92 GSR upper rad hose.

110_1177.jpg

New spark plugs for all B-Series VTEC motors in the USDM and they're different.

USDM on left JDM on right. Teh JDM ones also say 7 on them for the coldness?

110_1182.jpg

Last edited:
Back