Brad's CRX Build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I cant believe the luck I had with this motor lol. I went to work early one day, started reading the classifieds and in the misc section I saw GM and Ford shit over and over again. Then the B16. So I called him up and no answer for 2 days. He calles be back yesterday and said its on the crate, got Matt to pick me up, got my shift at work covered all in half an hour and started heading to the middle of nowhere where this motor landed. Turns out his son had a CRX too but crashed it with the stock motor before the swap and it sat in his garage since '07 exactly how he got it shipped. He paid about a grand for the motor plus shipping and $250 didn't even cover the shipping for him. :D We got it home, I started cleaning it up/prepping and everything is legit. There was oil put down the spark plug holes, tape on intake/exhaust ect. So after a new dizzy and P30 chip, it should be ready to go !

Last edited:
Taking accessories off the motor.
110_1130.jpg

Painted the valve cover. ;)
110_1132.jpg

I got my motor from tigerjapanese and I've had zero problems since.

Prime. It looks clean overall too. I expect it to run great.

I got the B16 harness all separated into single wires and plugs. Everything was OBD0 except there was one gray OBD1 for a VSS. Maybe the motor came from a teg? Also I don't know if I should wire tuck everything now or will it be difficult later?

Theres no way it was out of an EG. It has the correct engine mount for an EF and everything was OBD0 on it (dizzy and injectors)

Even if I took on the intake mani? I want to get it running top before I mess with the wiring.

if you put it in the car and try to tuck later, youre gonna regret it. take the time to label the plugs, and where they go.. take the sheath off of the wire completely, solder your connections, and do it right the first time. if you half ass a wire-tuck, the results are going to be nothing greater than half-ass. and chances are, youll end up crossing some wires etc if youre in a tight space.

i speak from experience. dont get in a rush to get the engine back in. do it now if youre going to do it at all.

My bad, SiR CRX
Shit, youre right because the JDM CRX does use a electronic VSS.
if you put it in the car and try to tuck later, youre gonna regret it. take the time to label the plugs, and where they go.. take the sheath off of the wire completely, solder your connections, and do it right the first time. if you half ass a wire-tuck, the results are going to be nothing greater than half-ass. and chances are, youll end up crossing some wires etc if youre in a tight space.

i speak from experience. dont get in a rush to get the engine back in. do it now if youre going to do it at all.
I've already tucked the driver side because it didn't involve any engine harness work and I did exaqctly what you said. :) I know I can do it, its just that I get my lisence back in a week and I was hoping to drive her. I may be a good idea to tuck right away because really theres no other motor that will have different plugs than this one (B16, GSR, ITR) if I change it for an upgrade.

110_1135.jpg

110_1137.jpg

110_1138.jpg

110_1139.jpg

110_1140.jpg

110_1141.jpg

110_1142.jpg

110_1143.jpg

JayDeeEmm !!

110_1145.jpg

That flywheel looks pretty rusty. Also you might want to think about getting a new crank pulley. There is a big chip missing which effects the balance. Over time it could damage the engine.

That flywheel looks pretty rusty. Also you might want to think about getting a new crank pulley. There is a big chip missing which effects the balance. Over time it could damage the engine.

Yeah I need to know if the LS flywheel/clutch set up will go onto the B16. And I'm using the LS pulley on the B16 as well but one day I wanna get a B16B single pulley. :)

Last edited:
I think it should work. The LS tranny is still B series so I dont see any reason why it would not work.

i believe the LS clutch will work. both b-series, so i dont see why not.

good choice on deciding to do the tuck now :thumbsup:

I think it should work. The LS tranny is still B series so I dont see any reason why it would not work.
My thoughts were the same.
i believe the LS clutch will work. both b-series, so i dont see why not.

good choice on deciding to do the tuck now :thumbsup:
Yeah might as well. I've got Friday, Saturday and a bit of Sunday to work on the swap plus the helping hand of Matt so we will see what we can do. :) I'm selling my fresh LS dizzy and doing a tune up on a buddies teg for $200 so thats going toward a new dizzy. Distributor King doesnt sell OBD1 B16/GSR TD 44 dizzys. Where can I get a good price on one?

Holy fuck !!! If I read this correctly, my motor was made on August 29, 1990. THATS MY BIRTHDAY !

110_1139.jpg

Back