Brads EJ1 Coupe

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

We'd of NEVER guessed that.......I can't imagine a skirt taking anybody away from all this. ;)

Snatch can persuade anyone. :ph34r:

New updates to the car :)

Corbeau Forza FIA Standard approved seats (Minty pair, $150, Pawn Shop)

107_4778.jpg

KYB AGX shocks/Tein "S" (Basic) springs (Clean set, replaced eBay springs lol, $240, plus made a friend out of the deal)

107_4769.jpg

DOHC VTEC door stickers (eBay, $15, makes me go fast)

107_4768.jpg

JDM Sea Water rusted hood (Wrecker, $30, had it on for a couple months then let buddies write on it (bad idea) now it's off)

107_4767.jpg

2.5" Custom built exhaust. Glasspack - crush bends (price was right) - Magnaflow muffler (Locally built (Met a great guy), $400 included tig welding to fix my header...header lasted a week and had to take the exhaust off... Sounded amazing, super quiet low tone and looked great behind the car)

107_4770.jpg

107_4771.jpg

JDM turn down style, all the pros do it.

107_4772.jpg

107_4773.jpg

My broken header...bought new when built the car, lasted a couple months, cylinder no.2 tube snaps off the flange. Couple more months go by with an LS header (In search of a cheap tig welder). Found what I was looking for and he made me the exhaust at the same time. A week goes by with everything great then cylinders 1+2 crack and no. 4 breaks completely off. Plus the bracket on the bottom ripped off and made a hole in the downpipe... :bs:

107_4774.jpg

107_4775.jpg

107_4776.jpg

107_4777.jpg

Last edited:
did you ever get ahold of the people you got it from?? theres something seriously wrong if it broke twice.

I'm guessing the bracket did the damage.

The mighty Civic may be sitting for a while. I just got accepted into a welding course at the local college starting in July.

My dad and I tore the block apart tonight. Everything looks great! I shal be dropping off the block, crank, crank caps and pistons/rods tomorrow.

Crank is sooo mint.

107_4782.jpg

Minimal to no wear on most bearings.

107_4783.jpg

107_4784.jpg

107_4787.jpg

The only "bad" bearing showing some bronze. Closest to the flywheel.

107_4788.jpg

107_4790.jpg

107_4791.jpg

Last edited:
I got some positive feedback from the machine shop today. They will be sizing up the proper bearings/pistons/rings then assembling the whole block. It sounds like they may have to oversize the pistons :( more money...

I sent the head to a backyard machinist (probably a poor choice) so after it's back from him I will send the head to the new guys for a 3 or 5 angle valve job.

A good friend is also building his GSR engine with the same shop (works for the parts division) so I know it's in good hands lol.

Last edited:
Civic Si coupe.....Canadian blasphemy. :boxing:

Looks good. I like the Doe-Hawk VTAK emblem.......clean.

I snagged it off Matts GSR parts car. Shes officially a Civic GSR now lol.

The machine shop told me the no.3 cylinder went a bit oval (not round at least) so with parts and a new bore with oversize pistons I'm over the $1g note...still a stock bottom end... lol oh well.

Back