cel 16...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

blk91b18

had ls swap in my ef sedan for 8 months now running great, and now sometimes when I'm driving through town I get a fuel injector code. Doesn't do it all when I'm on the interstate or racing it. Wtf!?

o wait didnt realize u had an ls well what i can say is replace the injector that the code is referring to if that doesnt work check the wire that leads from the injector to the ecu...

well if you did the wiring for ur multi point check it... otherwise one of your injectors is bad and you can find out whick one it is by testing them with a multimeter set on i think 20 ohms and the injector with no reading is the bad one... are u sure u have the right injectors in it? they may be injectors that do not need a resistor box so if this is the case u will have to change them all.

both the injectors and the resistor box are from a '91 ex civic. i will have to find my multimeter. lost in storage lol...

i know nissan is not related but i was throwing the same code in my 240 a couple years ago and it was just a bad injector. is ur car running choppy at all when the cel is on?

performance is not affected. still pulls hard through third gear. no misfire or anything....

i would check ur wiring. i had a shaddy swap in my DA until i fixed stuff and lots of stupid shit would happen cause of faulty wiring. check your wiring and make sure you dont have an unwanted ground or something hiding out somewhere. if not then just replace the injector.

thanks for the input will do this weekend-still cant find my multimeter?!

Back