d16y8 on FI

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

this is a two-part question:
firstly, in order to achieve somewhere in the neighborhood of 250whp, while maintaining every day drivability (is this possible?), what turbo kits or general information would i need to implement? engine buildup? essentially, what would be necessary and what would be entirely superflous?
secondly, if i am advised to use an entire kit, as opposed to piecing together various turbo components, would i be able to do so on a 95 civic vx with a d16y8 swap?
i realize this question has many facets, so if i could just get some guidance i would really appreciate it... thanks in advance fellas.

dosterschill

piece your own. its cheaper.

250whp on a d-series is pushing it for stock and reliable.... but can be done with a proper tune

:werd:

You could do it on the stock block with the right setup and tuning, but I would recommend at the very least changing out your rods and pistons for forged pieces, then boosting on that.

On my d16y8 changed out my stock pistons and rods for wiesco pistons and scat rods. I went with the Max-Rev turbo kit but piecing a kit together will definatley be cheaper. I am sure that you can get 250whp with the stock setup and a good tune but I dont know what condidtion your engine is in and how long it will last. Right now I am working on getting uberdata but I am getting 210 to the wheels on 10psi.

what exactly did this setup cost you? would it be difficult for someone who is relatively inexperienced w/fi to piece a kit together? thank you...

dosterschill

Originally posted by dosterschill@Jan 19 2005, 12:17 AM
what exactly did this setup cost you? would it be difficult for someone who is relatively inexperienced w/fi to piece a kit together? thank you...

dosterschill
[post=447827]Quoted post[/post]​

For me the engine work was a little expensinve cause I spun a bearing and needed to have my bottom end rebuilt which cost me about $1500. I got the Pistons and Rods for $750. And the turbo kit was $2500. I went with the kit since I did not have extensive knowledge on what I did or did not need to piece together a kit on my own.

Back