DE-pin tool??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

78civic

Good morning, I'd like to know who makes a good (for the price) de-pinning tool.. I really don't want to mess up a good connector by jamming something in there that might damage it.
But I don't need the tool to be too brittle and snap it off.

E

What I use, the samllest flathead works great....

41PADNxaDfL._SL500_.jpg

Eye Glasses repair kit flat head screw driver is perfect.

Or, file a needle into a similar shape, that also works well.

Again, thanks.. I just have a propensity to shove things into my hands by 'accident'. I've got a few of those for the kids toys.
Maybe they won't notice one gone.
E

Easy...take the smallest flathead, push it into the slot you wanna remove a wire from this will push the locking tab down, the wire will pull out now, then carefully bend the locking tab back up and reinsert. This last step takes finesse, they break easily...GL

I know this is an old post, but when I was searching through google for a depin tool this thread came up and I started going through everything I had on hand. I found a small finishing nail does the trick perfectly. The two reasons I post this are: one of the first google threads and for the poor person trying to fix their car, it's an extremely cheap tool!

Back