Decision Time....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Went down to my bank today and APR's for 2000 and earlier used cars are fucking outrageous. $34 a month per $1000? Christ. Leasing a new car is starting to make more sense.
i know it's hard to imagine, but 2000 is now considered "old". seems like it's still ok to actually "want" a mid 90's car. growing up sucks.

The SC300.... Weren't you one of the guys smearing the Almighty Supra for it's mass ?

Oh hell no. I love the MKIV's with a passion.

But I want to drive one first. I mean, I want a nicer, bigger car - but I also want something thats a tad bit fun to drive.
As for the leasing part - an Acura salesman (who is a friend of mine) kept praising how leasing is the way to go blah, blah, blah - but I was being sarcastic about actually leasing a car. Hehe.

repeat: 540i

everything about it is a blowjob on wheels. Since I have to sell my bike and will have some cash, I'm heavily looking into one as well. Dont cop out for a standard 540.

Depends on the year 540 you buy. I would definitely want a ~2000 with the v8 but with gas prices the way they currently are that might be a pricey endeavor.

This person seems to think that 540i was one of the best sedans ever built.
BMW 540 540i

l_2350bbc6d307e3c8b9dcc68ac2105ad7.jpg

that's bills 540i.
8500 obo

15mpg's... anything performance oriented will get around that... maybe 22 tops. If you're worried about gas this is the last car you want.

Leasing a car isn't always a bad idea. What you are doing, basically, is deferring the downpayment till the end of the loan. If you do the math, you can make it work to your advantage.

I was going to lease that Mustang V6 because at the end of the lease, I was going to put down the $4500 that I already had in the bank. Any more expensive of a car (No options, no way) and it would make the end payment unbearable.

Keep your money where it belongs, in a bank.

Well, did some research and some local credit unions offered some decent rates way better than my own bank. Most were ~7-9.5% APR, which is workable. I also test drove an 07' Fit Sport 5spd and a 2000 Prelude base VTEC. The Fit was nice, being a new car and kinda versatile, but the Prelude actually surprised me with the way it drove. Nice and smooth, pulled real good and drove pretty well for a a 7-year old car.

Unfortunately, after talking to a few guys who work at a BMW dealership near me - I've decided to kind of ditch the idea of an E39 5-series. I'd be capable of doing any work needed on it - but the parts would make me broke. I'm still gonna keep an eye out for E30 4-doors and 2-doors, but I'm all set with the 5-series.

9.5% is not workable. a good car loan will be from 5-7% wait until you have a little more credit and some more cash to put down.

Yeah, 9ish is the high side I've been told, but I've still yet to check out more credit unions. DCU quoted me 7.8%, which is pretty good considering I have new credit.

Back