Football Picks Discussion

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Looks like almost everybody has picked Cincinnati to win on Monday. If they can pull off a win against Indy, that will basically lock them in for a wild card spot. Woo hoo, playoffs here we come!

Lets not forget that Pittsburgh was in the same position last year. They finished the season 10-6 and won the Super Bowl.

I think after the regular season, the top 5 or something will go on to pick for the playoffs. I could be wrong about this though. Not sure if Seany decided to do it that way or not.

Last edited:
im barely in that top 5...gotta stick with it...ahhhhhhh...lol

WHAT THE FUCK, strahan is STILL OUT. someone chop off his foot and put a terminator style one on...

Oh well, Yankees just signed Pettite back.. so i guess today isnt full of bad news. :D

so, is it regular season only .. or including playoffs.. i think i remember you saying reg. season

Well i was going to do a head to head type thing. Qualifying people would make their picks, whoever did better than the other would advance to the next round (next week) but then that idea got shotdown by the fact that the superbowl is just two teams (as well as the division playoffs which is 4 teams = 2 picks) and well, what if they picked the same team? ya know.

So i think whoever is ranked 1-5, no matter if there are ties obviously, just keep making picks like they have been and whoever gets the highest record of TOTAL regular season games AND playoff games wins.

Then for the lowly peons who didnt make (i.e. Me) will have a consolation playoff for shits and giggles.

That sound good? Tell me some of your guys' ideas.

only 1 person in here picked SF.. lucky them..

I really wanted to pick SF, but its hard to pick against seattle when they are at home.. fuckin a.

SF isnt as bad as everyone thinks. Yeah, they did just lose 3 in a row before this, but before that they won 3 in a row. Alex Smith, Vernon Davis, Frank Gore (talk about sleeper), and Antonio Bryant.. those are some good players, and players who will come along very well. They just need a good o-line and a consistant d.

I'm 9-6. When the colts win tomorrow, I'll be at 10-6 Four weeks in a row.

And they will win.

6-0 at home this season. They will win tomorrow.

Period.

I am so not going to be in first place. :(

You must be living in a cloud of maryjane smoke. Indy never loses at home. :D

wooooooooooooo

6-9 goin into tonight. I figured im so far back that I had to take some chances... and some of those chances were dumb picks like carolina.. (i was positive i picked pitt, but oh well)

Oh well, there's always next year ;)

Back