Good turbo?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mozzandherb

I'm looking to maybe buy this turbo. I have an h22 in a 92 Accord and will be running on stock internals for a while at about 8lbs of boost until I have the money to re-sleeve. Would this be a good turbo to get? Garett t3/to4e hybrid turbo/50 trim cw, stg3 tw.63 ar th.
40mm wastegate .8bar
46mm bov 18" spring

amateur boosting a bone stock H22 can be risky, but ill leave all that to your descretion.

small point about the wastegate if you do get that, then .8 of a bar is way more than 8 lbs. .6 bar is 8.8 psi, and .8 bar is 11.7 so almost 12 psi, just lettin ya know so you can make sure that the wastegate is able to have springs interchanged and what not! ill leave the details to the pros if they decide to answer! best of luck!

sorry, i havent been checking forums lately...only hitting the "View new post" button. so i miss out on everything.

DelSlo is right about the WG thing and that turbo is kinda small for your app...most people start at a 57 trim.

id recommend looking into something like that or maybe a T3/60-1

my buddy eric ran 25psi on a bone stock H22 in a civic hatch for over 6 months with no problems.
then it blew up.

but 25psi is a little excessive.
ran a 12.2 with no traction though(he also sucked at driving)

Back