help with my civic h23

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ok i will try that but it looks like im burning too much fuel because my oil is black after doing a recent oil change

Hey guys I'm new to this and was wondering how to Make a post.??i am using my phone/iPad and can't find where to make a new post. And reading ur problem sounds like its near throttle body check vacuum lines and check gasket behind the throttle body . When in neutral can ur car rev past 4k? Good luck

no i cant rev past 3500 rpm in neutral, it burning alot of gas because my oil is black after an oil change, it stumbles and stutters at around 2k rpm when, i smell raw fuel outside and bad exhaust fumes, i already a tried new dizzy, plug, fuel filter, o2 sensor and tps. already check the tb gasket and vacuum lines Teamefcivic212

i also thought of something could it be that my injectors are staying open
my plugs are black around the trends and brown on the electrode

I would say get some used H23 injectors see if that helps, also when u did the swap did u put the resistor box in for them? with out it the car will run like shit. Sounds like your car is now A. Flooding it slef, or B the Plugs r the wrong kind of plug and you burning too hot

yea we got a resistor box, and yea its flooding with gas we changed the fpr(fuel pressure reg) we got h23 injectors in there now

ok i drain all the gas it was brown i put some fresh premium still runs bad
gonna try to pull some codes from a pcm scanner

Well if the fuel was brown it was bad, also did u change the filter when u did this..? and I hate to be a pest but I would double tap the timing. So far after all the simple things I've had u try it almost sounds like your a couple teeth off on the exhaust side

Sounds to me like u need to check your tps sensor my gsr was running the same way and I had a bad tps plug and sensor! Also check your vss (vehicle speed sensor) because I had a problem where I was not getting the cel but the car ran like shit until I chamged my vss

ok i ran some livedata on my car and found out that the o2 sensor is not heating up at all. the tps sensor is on low voltage, the o2 sensor is on open loop it wont heat up all any suggestions on how to correct this?

Is the o2 sensor correct for the prelude motor? or is it for your civic? they could be diffrent and you would need the one for the H23 vs the stock civic motor :)

if you got as much fuel in your oil, you should be able to smell it on your dip stick. if thats the case then you need to rebuild the engine.

for the o2 i put a honda accord o2 sensor
we just bought the engine we maybe consider rebuilding it

Well I can tell u the o2 Sensor for a honda Accord is for an F22... wrong sensor for the H23 as they r diffrent..

I would try an H23 02 Sensor and its sounding like a rebuild is going to be needed, or there is a problem in you wiring somewere...

F22 o2 Sensor vs H23 could or could not be diffrent... I know most accords came with an F22A or B and the Euro model came with an H23 Vtec blue top... A prelude Si was the h23 non vtec while the Prelude Si VTEC was the H22 hope it helps

yes! if it has a short in it or is not operating correctly they can be getting wrong signals ect causing your car to run like crap.

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!!!!! the timing was off it jump timing
thank serrilion for your input thanks alot

Back